The Seven P's

tictag

Went out for a cycle (mountain bike) around Hope Valley in the Peak District today. A few miles out, caked in mud and sheeps**t I got myself a puncture. Believe it or not, I was actually pleased because I had my bike toolkit (tools, puncture repair etc) in my seat pouch for years and thus far had not had the chance to use it. I was prepared so with a smug grin I took the wheel off and removed the inner tube, found the puncture, roughened the surface and reached for the glue. No glue. Full tube, nothing in it! Damn! So much for the seven P's!

Walked my bike back to the 'van with my tail between my legs.

What you need is self adhesive patches, got some for my good lady's mobility scooter. They come in a plastic box about 25mm sq with a bit of emery and about 10 patches. well worth the extras cost.

tubeless conversion and latex worked well for me, until a lbs sold me useless specialized tyres that have always leaked from new on the sidewalls and have never fully sealed.

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

What you need is self adhesive patches, got some for my good lady's mobility scooter. They come in a plastic box about 25mm sq with a bit of emery and about 10 patches. well worth the extras cost.

I'll look out for them tomorrow. Thanks for the tip :)

Wasting your time Ticytag. .... Carry a spare inner tube. ..... I carry two but since changing my tyres to Contis never had a puncture . ..... Worth considering . .........

GAS . ...... :angry:

"to be auld and wise you must first be young and daft "

I m surprised there are not more tyres fitted to bikes now that are puncture proof . My jockey wheel is of pneumatic type but it has no air and sealants at all but give the same feel as a blown up one . Also same price as normal wheel so it would not be much more expensive . pics of my jockey wheel is on my Gallery .

Perhaps someone has not thought of it ?

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

we used to sell puncture proof tyres when i worked in the trade back in the 80's, they were solid semi hard tyres but a complete burger to fit. i haven't had a puncture on my road bike for as long as i can remember thanks to kevlar. the mountain bike is hardly suprising given the terrain.

edited due to very kean swear filter, didnt want anyone thinking i had actually badly sworn.

Edited by clairendave

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

I m surprised there are not more tyres fitted to bikes now that are puncture proof . My jockey wheel is of pneumatic type but it has no air and sealants at all but give the same feel as a blown up one . Also same price as normal wheel so it would not be much more expensive . pics of my jockey wheel is on my Gallery .

Perhaps someone has not thought of it ?

Dave

They have and they ride horrible.

Stans or slime and tubeless on the MTB is as good as you can get.

On the road bike the opinion varies from one rider to the next, I am not saying what I use as it might invite the fairies in.

In the end I went for both inner tube and self adhesive patches! Not quite ready for high tech NASA technology ;)

And tomorrow (after my new inverter arrives) I will continue where I left off with tail held high! :)

I would have thought witha van like your you would be ahead of NASA, embrace technology it is our friend. Not sure who said that, I may have just invented it.

Even if you do not want to go tubeless at least get some Slime or Stans in there,