Review: Overbrook Caravan Park

Red Mick

Overbrook Caravan Park always appreciate feedback from our guests but feel it necessary on this occasion to clarify some of the factually incorrect points made by Red Mick in his recent review.

1. There are indeed only 50 pitches at Overbrook and not the 80 suggested.

2. There are 3 showers within the ladies facilities and 2 in the Gents. Visit England grading criteria specify 1 shower per 25 pitches to achieve 4 star rating. Overbrook is a 4 star graded park.

3. The park is situated 1/2 mile, not 1 mile, along Maltongate from the village centre. Overbrook is not located in the village centre as shown on the map.

Overbrook Caravan Park always appreciate feedback from our guests but feel it necessary on this occasion to clarify some of the factually incorrect points made by Red Mick in his recent review.

1. There are indeed only 50 pitches at Overbrook and not the 80 suggested.

2. There are 3 showers within the ladies facilities and 2 in the Gents. Visit England grading criteria specify 1 shower per 25 pitches to achieve 4 star rating. Overbrook is a 4 star graded park.

3. The park is situated 1/2 mile, not 1 mile, along Maltongate from the village centre. Overbrook is not located in the village centre as shown on the map.

Well, all I can say is that I walked around the site and counted 80, perhaps my maths is rusty.

• 2 years later...

The pitches are quite cramped and you would struggle to reverse onto some of the pitches, however the site owner helps you unhitch and pushes the van onto the pitch.

There are only 3 ladies showers & toilets which are immaculate and I didn't have to queue ( but I went late at night).

Lovely location in a lovely village, good roads to the site. The site is well maintained.

The only downside for us and the reason we wouldn't come again is that there is no dog walk on site ( there are woods down the road & a footpath across the road), but the impression is that it isn't really dog friendly.