Review: Wagtail Country Park

Red Mick

We were there last year and I have to wonder what was wrong with the showers - we thought they were as good as any that we've used

It's certainly a site that we'll be revisiting, it was calm and peaceful with decent sized pitches around the lake. Neither of us noticed the A1, I've been to lots of sites where the road noise has been really intrusive and this isn't one of them.

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

The road noise I mentioned was only a background drone,not too intrusive.

The showers my wife tried in the ladies, would not work properly, the wardens

agreed they were not too good and let her use one in another unit, which was fine,

but not for gents use ???

Edited by Red Mick

• 5 months later...

July 5th 2014. We are on Wagtails at the moment, a very good site for fishing (my mate says) A1 a bit noisy if the wind is in the wrong direction. The old shower block is rubbish, the new shower blocks have those 10 second a push type which annoys the hell out of me, plus the cubicles have 2 hooks behind the door, no seats and a duckboard that is only dry if you are the first one in. No curtains to protect your clothes or shoes and the drain runs through all 3 cubicles so you may get next doors water they are very clean however but I cannot say I like the 10 second shower push this day and age, it seems rather penny pinching for a top price site. ......Peter

Peter and Sandy pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 565 with

2016 Ford Kuga 2. 0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.

Retired and loving it.

Oh I forgot to add, the Wi fi is not c. c. But OOBI and is expensive at £45 for the 2 weeks we are here. ....Peter

Peter and Sandy pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 565 with

2016 Ford Kuga 2. 0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.

Retired and loving it.

• 9 months later...

We have just returned from wagtails. It was our debut with the caravan. The owner and other caravan owners were so helpful in getting us onto the pitch and helping with the awning etc. we found it a very peaceful & relaxing site overlooking the lake and ducks. We didn't hear any road noise, the A1 is a couple of mile away, but we didn't hear it. The showers & toilets were very clean so no complaints and we would go back again.

The adult only section there is one of the best sites we have been on.

Very quite and peaceful, never heard any roadnoise at all.