Bailey Belfast Style Wash Basin

ReggiePerrin

Has anybody changed their Belfast style basin for a more normal type?

I am looking at the unicorn 2 style basin and wondering if it is the same overall size as the one fitted to earlier alu-techs and therefore a straight forward swap.

The Belfast style is a pain in the parts in that if not precisely level or offside low, front high it doesn't drain properly and in use it takes a fair amount of water.

That was one of many reasons we swapped the van. It looked good but was totally impractible!Not sure you can swap it.

Edited by Jslocks

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

We too hated the Belfast sink but have now got Cadiz2 and the new sink is excellent although bathroom as a whole too small and too much wasted space. It will be interesting to see if the new vans have an improved bathroom layout.

CARPE DIEM

While we're talking, envious time is fleeing: pluck the day, put no trust in the future.

That was one of many reasons we swapped the van. It looked good but was totally impractible!Not sure you can swap it.

The two styles look similarly sized in the brochures and are both on the bailey parts site at the same price but no dimensions are given for either.

Due for service at the end of the month so while I am at the dealer's I will try and measure a U2 style basin.

You don't have to limit yourself to Bailey spare parts, so you measure basins in any van, and then order if you find one thats suitable.

I don't like the Belfast sink because it reminds me of when I was poor and lived in a council house!

But what I really dislike is the fixed tap.

My previous Senator had a huge sink with a swivel tap, you could actually wash over it, like a sink.

It's available direct from Bailey

https://www. bailey-parts. co. uk/ProductList. aspx?CategoryID=270&SubCatId=270a

£47. 53p plus p & p.

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)

We have the pegasus Rimini with the same type of wash basin . I don't like it . For the same reason it take to much water . Too large to be practical. The shape is wrong.

I didn't think it would be possible to change it so I bought a salad bowel that I stand in there to use . This if fine . Doesn't look good but it does the job.

Is it possible to change them with the same under basin cupboard.

I don't know if I would though.

The Belfast style sink in my Unicorn is great. It's the first time I've been able to wash my feet in the bathroom sink.

We fight not for glory, nor for wealth nor honours . ..

but only and alone we fight for freedom,

which no good man surrenders but with his life.

How do you get them up there :D

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

I didn't think it would be possible to change it so I bought a salad bowel that I stand in there to use . This if fine . .

I have done exactly the same in our Coachman - far too much water wasted if you use the basin! Must be our Welsh upbringing!

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

I hated the belfast sink in our Unicorn with a passion so hubby bought the sink from the Unicorn 11 from our local dealer and changed it with no trouble.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

Another reason I didnt buy the bailey was The awful Belfast sink - it reminded me of sinks they had in the old houses years ago.

That's why SWMBO wanted ours, because it had one! Only impact is on me having to fill the aqua roll more frequently!!

I hated the belfast sink in our Unicorn with a passion so hubby bought the sink from the Unicorn 11 from our local dealer and changed it with no trouble.

That's encouraging. .. I am going over to the van today so I'll take the drawers out and have a closer look at it. Can't imagine that it'll be a particularly difficult job though.

Hubby said anyone with a bit of DIY skill can do it but it wasn't a straight swop as he had to bend the wire basket in the drawer to accommodate the waste and pipes.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

Although I dont mind the style of the sink too much, I think it would be alot better to use is you were able to swivel the tap to the side. Has anybody just changed the tap unit for a swivel type?.

Land Rover Discovery (2008) 2. 7 tdv6 230bhp finished in Mitsubishi Lightning Blue, 22" Stormer Alloys (full phantom body kit, rear headrest dvd players, front dvd & reversing camera playing thru factory fitted sat nav screen) and following closely, a Bailey Unicorn Barcelona (2012) now fitted with Powrwheel Evolution Allwheel Drive Mover.

Although I dont mind the style of the sink too much, I think it would be alot better to use is you were able to swivel the tap to the side. Has anybody just changed the tap unit for a swivel type?.

Now that is a good idea. The position of the tap is really stupid in my opinion, so a swivel type tap would be a great improvement.

We fight not for glory, nor for wealth nor honours . ..

but only and alone we fight for freedom,

which no good man surrenders but with his life.

Mines a swivel type!

Mines a swivel type!

Did this come as standard or is it a retro fit?. Any chance of a picture?.

Land Rover Discovery (2008) 2. 7 tdv6 230bhp finished in Mitsubishi Lightning Blue, 22" Stormer Alloys (full phantom body kit, rear headrest dvd players, front dvd & reversing camera playing thru factory fitted sat nav screen) and following closely, a Bailey Unicorn Barcelona (2012) now fitted with Powrwheel Evolution Allwheel Drive Mover.

Did this come as standard or is it a retro fit?. Any chance of a picture?.

It's standard off the bailey parts website

https://www. bailey-parts. co. uk/Product. aspx?PartNumber=1030021

Works wonders!

Also cheaper here http://www. caravan-components. co. uk/L180-in-Chrome-Single-Lever-Caravan-Mixer-Tap

thanks for that. Is there any addition work needed to make it fit or is it just a straight swop?.

I changed my tap in my Valencia 13 euros from the local hardware shop, easy with no modifications, I now have a swivel tap and t works fine.

I turned the tap 45deg to the right so making it less obtrusive. Took only 5 mins but requires an 1/4" drive extension socket (about 11mm A/F?) & long extension bar to slacken the retaining nut. Not ideal but it cost nowt LOL.

3L auto Nissan Terrano, 2004 & Swift Elegance 530, 2018. As Leonardo da Vinci once said: 'If you find from your own experience that something is a fact & it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority & base your reasoning on your own findings' ie: use your common sense!