New Guy Hoping To Offer Some Great Services!

ElsanBlue

HI everyone im new to the forum. My names Tom and I run a long term family business. LTC waste disposal.

First of all I just wanted to say hi to everyone and apologise if I have posted this is in the wrong section!

We have long standing contracts with many big organisations such as Nottingham County Council and A1+ highways agency taking away toilet waste from on-site welfare vans/cabins and supplying chemicals and hygiene products.

We have recently decided to break into the caravanning market. The idea being that we would come to a site and take away any toilet waste product. I was wondering if any helpful members that either run a site or understand on site waste management could give me some information about how waste from the customers is stored and disposed of?

I would be extremely grateful to any members that could give me any advice as it will allow our company to offer more suited services.

Thanks to anyone who has read, I look forward to hearing from some of you!

Tom

Please note this member has no affiliation with Elsan. .... Jan and Jay. .

How much do you charge to empty a caravan? It would save me going to the disposal point.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Not sure there would be a market for you as the cassettes from the caravans are emptied on site into a Chemical Disposal Point, which then flushes either into the main sewer network or Cess Pit.

Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear, but that's just how things are.

Best of luck.

2005 Bessacarr Cameo 635 gl & 2005 Nissan Terrano II SVE Di 3. 0l

Tom

You are probably better talking to site owners, rather than caravanners and motorhomers.

My friends own a campsite. When the opened it, they installed a filtration/treatment plant, so all the shower water and toilet waste goes through this and into a soak away.

At some sites, the toilet waste (from the site toilets) goes into the main sewer system. The waste from the caravan toilets (taken from the caravan to the waste disposable point by the caravan owner, using a "cassette") may also go into the mains system

At other sites, the waste from the caravan goes into a holding tank. This tank is emptied on an ad-hoc basis by tanker.

Hope this helps

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

There may be opportunities with local centres running rallies or the main clubs when they have an event in your area.

We used to be able to dig a pit in a farmer's field but a lot of them now insist on temporary containers for toilet waste.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.

Thanks everyone for the great advice and information! Think im best getting in touch with local caravan sites and seeing what waste disposal systme they use. If any have holding tanks on-site that would be ideal for us to come drain off and take away.

Thanks again! Tom

Hope you don't mind me asking but your user name and picture imply you are or work for Elsan. Would that be correct? If so, you could become a Trade Member.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Hope you don't mind me asking but your user name and picture imply you are or work for Elsan. Would that be correct? If so, you could become a Trade Member.

Hi, no not at all, I do sell Elsan Blue by the barrel and use there products daily for work. However I have no affiliation with Elsan. Im happy to change my picture and username if possible :)

As part of your research, you may want to contact 'the big two' The Caravan Club and the Camping and Caravan Club. Both of these have major sites around the UK, plus a large network of small 5 van sites which are, I suppose, affiliated.

When I worked at marinas, our black & grey waste was went to a holding tank and was then collected by a tanker (sludge gulper). We had tanks ranging from 10-20000lt, so you'd need a fairly big tanker.

I'd guess that nearly all sites/marinas that have tanks that need emptying already have a contract in place, so immediate business may not be forthcoming.

So apart from camp sites, have a trawl round any local marinas near you.

2019 Adria Adora Thames