Review: Marjal Costa Blanca

lovely campsite with exceptionally nice staff, heated clean toilet blocks and quite large flat pitches, restaurant and bar, shop,doctor and cycle hire as well as gas bottle hire (spanish)which is delivered and collected from your pitch

Click here to view the European campsite review

• 1 year later...

We stayed here March 2015. Facilities excellent. The site has 1500 pitches and best example I can give is it represents a very very large car park for caravans!! Very flat open and windy. Soulless would best describe it, We quickly moved on.

Alan J

Bailey Pageant S6 Bordeaux Tow Car BMW X5 3. 0D

Describes it perfectly.

van Bessacar 625 towed by Mercedes M class 3. 2 cdi.

we do 6mths at home (winter) 6mths touring (summer)

Retired & loving it.--------- :D Adventure before Dementia. :P

• 2 years later...

Having visited MarJal Costa Blanca for several years I fear this year will be our final visit.  

Yes, it has always been a great big car park comprised of caravans and motorhomes but at least there was some semblance of that slightly disorganised Spanish charm about the place.  The edges of the site were undeveloped in the way that much Spanish property is but no longer.  Every section of the site has been expanded and developed to within an inch of its life.  A large section of the site has now been given over to bungalows and chalets and another large section has been declared 'dog-free'.  Yet a further large section has been reserved for the C and C Rally.  As dog owners, the dog facilities - especially the dog walk - was important.  The dog walk has now been fenced off as even more development is underway at that location.  This means that almost all of the dogs are now exercised (and do their business) along the main footpath.  Not very satisfactory.  

A further grumble, as a caravaner, is the fact that, in my estimation, more than 60% of the pitches are occupied by the larger style Class A continental motorhomes and, lovely as they may be, the caravans are being overshadowed by these excessively tall motorhomes with their motorbikes, trailers, garden furniture, gazebos, sheds, barbeque pits etc. set up for long, long stays

Everything else about the site - the facilities, the staff, the service, the location for supermarkets, hospitals and restaurants remains good but the place has lost its appeal and I certainly wouldn't recommend it any longer