Can You Use C&cc Vouchers At Cc Sites?

sara1clayton

Hi,

I'm new to posting on this forum but have been reading treads on here for a while. (thanks for all the advice etc i have received!).

For Christmas this year we asked my parents to buy us CC gift vouchers to go towards a weekend away.

Unfortunately they are not campers / caravanners themselves (my dad is of the Clarkson opinion on caravans!) and they have bought us C&CC vouchers instead!

Now we are not members of the C&CC and they haven't given us that many vouchers so wouldn't be enough to join and still get a weekend away.

I have this feeling at the back of my mind that I have heard / read somewhere that CC sites will accept C&CC vouchers but I may have imagined that. If not does anyone have any idea what we could do with them?? Would be happy to sell / swap them for face value or near enough but are there any websites etc that you can do that on (can find loads of sites to sell other vouchers but not these ones!)

Thanks very much in advance for your help / advice

Sara

I seriously doubt it, they are competitors!

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Perhaps you should talk to the C&CC and explain the situation? They will probably try to persuade you to join though!

martin W

Discovery D3 HSE + Coachman VIP 575/4 2016

www.pennplanning.co.uk

Non members can use many of the C&CC sites. Non members pay a little more though.

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see (GK Chesterton)

There's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong equipment (Alfred Wainwright)

No definitely not, they are 2 distinct clubs. Maybe the best thing you could do is advertise them on the forum at say half the face price?.

You can still use them as a non member though although the cost would be slightly higher. ..Peter

Edited by peterjohn

Peter and Sandy pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 565 with

2016 Ford Kuga 2. 0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.

Retired and loving it.

. ..or use the vouchers towards joining the C&CC for a year to see if it suits you?

can you use the vouchers as a non member everything I have read on their web site etc look like you have to be a member to use the vouchers? If we don't have to be a member then we will probably be able to use them - can anyone recommend a family / dog friendly site in yorkshire / sherwood forest type area?

Thanks

I can't imagine that they would be accepted any more than Asda special offer vouchers would be accepted at Sainsbury's. :(

John.

Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he'll tell you. If he doesn't, why humiliate him?

Use them or get rid asap if they have a use by date!

Using them is better than selling @ half price, even if you are not a member.

Nothing wrong with C&CC sites, just not so elitist!! :P

Bailey Orion News & Information - 

can you use the vouchers as a non member everything I have read on their web site etc look like you have to be a member to use the vouchers? If we don't have to be a member then we will probably be able to use them - can anyone recommend a family / dog friendly site in yorkshire / sherwood forest type area?

Thanks

Yes I belive you can. There are several sites in the areas you mention that will accept non-members, but check that they are full club sites and not affiliated/franchised ones, as you can't use vouchers at the latter, by and large.

Thanks for the advice I could have sworn I read something I know some companies sometimes take competitor vouchers to try and "steal" the customers (BTW until recently asda did accept JS vouchers they just didn't advertise it :-) ) we are only Cc members as we love walking in Clumber park and that is pretty much the only site we go to - 6 weeks there last year and the same booked for this year. I don't like to tow and so at only 40 mins from home this has everything :-) but will do some hunting and see if there are at sites nearby that interest us.

Thanks again xx

I can't imagine that they would be accepted any more than Asda special offer vouchers would be accepted at Sainsbury's. :(

John.

Yes, but in the past our local Tesco have accepted Sainbury's vouchers, such as £5 off if you spend £50. So not as odd as it may seem.

The difference with club vouchers is that they are already paid for and in the case of the OP the money is held by the C&CC.

John.

we are only Cc members as we love walking in Clumber park and that is pretty much the only site we go to - 6 weeks there last year and the same booked for this year. I don't like to tow and so at only 40 mins from home this has everything :-) but will do some hunting and see if there are at sites nearby that interest us.

Thanks again xx

Why not give the C&CC site at Teversal (near Mansfield) a ring to see if you can use them there. It's only a few miles down the M1 from West Yorkshire and is a site with access to lots of pleasant walks on disused railway lines and has brilliant facilities.

It may be a better alternative than letting them go for half price.

John.

Why not give the C&CC site at Teversal (near Mansfield) a ring to see if you can use them there.

Teversal is a franchised site and as such will probably not.

Teversal is a franchised site and as such will probably not.

Missed your earlier post #11 :rolleyes:

John.

Edited by John19