Disabled Handle

jslocks

Does anyone know where I can get one of these?

Have looked but can't find anything like it.

Old age creeping on I am afraid for both of us!

Thanks for the help.

2066_Security_Hand_Rail_out.JPG

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

Try the Fiammastore website - its listed under security. I'd include a link but I can't cut & paste anymore now I've got IE. 11.

Have a look at www. leisureoutlet. com, they are a tad cheaper

Edited by matelodave

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

Hi John.

Mate of mine has one and got from Amazon, link below.

http://www. amazon. co. uk/dp/B003GQT84Y

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

Thanks for the instant help. I have found at least 3 suppliers all at different prices!! :D

John

the Fiammastore website - its listed under security. I'd include a link but I can't cut & paste anymore now I've got IE. 11.

http://www. fiamma. com/EN/products/comfort/security_systems/security

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Ebay also have them. You might need the mounting brackets if you have furniture behind the wall and they can't be fixed. The brackets screw into the door frame at the side.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Fitted one to our Clubman,with no problems, its a great help and could not do without it, its also a great security aid when, swung across the door and locked

Lunar Clubman 530/4 towed easily by Landcruiser Colorado SWB

by aToyota Rav 4 XT-R

Thanks for all the help. Have now solved the problem.

John

Thanks for all the help. Have now solved the problem.

When you fit the handle i found with the milenco security handle that there was a bit of play in the two large sections that fit to the outside of the van, petrified of drilling holes in slightly the wrong place in the side of the van I made a cardboard template up to line the 4 top and 4 bottom holes up perfectly so there was no chance of them being slightly out and the handle either being stiff to operate or worst case the holes not being in the right place.

If you use a cardboard template you can then stick it to the van with insulating tape and drill with confidence!

How pray tell . ....

With a Milenco handle when I order it.

When you fit the handle i found with the milenco security handle that there was a bit of play in the two large sections that fit to the outside of the van, petrified of drilling holes in slightly the wrong place in the side of the van I made a cardboard template up to line the 4 top and 4 bottom holes up perfectly so there was no chance of them being slightly out and the handle either being stiff to operate or worst case the holes not being in the right place.

If you use a cardboard template you can then stick it to the van with insulating tape and drill with confidence!

Good idea. Thanks

John

Handle shown is actually a Millenco and not Fiamma. Either one does the job although I have found the paint peels off the Millenco one that I have fitted

This can be an extremely frustrating situation. I had a caravan five years ago that had a handle like that which stopped working at one point. I spent hours on one camping trip tearing the darn thing apart in order to try and get it to work properly. Needless to say it was all wasted time and energy. I also tried finding a replacement part, but that caravan was to old and I had a real challenge in finding a replacement. In the end I never did get it fixed before I sold the caravan. It would be useful if you provided us with the make and model of the vehicle.

I have the Fiamma on my 2007 Swift Challenger 540.

Make sure you lubricate the moving parts and especially the locking spring loaded pin with a silicone type spray NOT oil unless you want a line down your van :).

Make sure the lock functions BEFORE you leave home/caravan store.

I use locksmiths graphite puffed into the lock occasionally.