Review: Bath Marina And Caravan Park

Beardedave

• 4 weeks later...

When ever I have looked at this site it seems very pricey, over £25 a night even in the low season. However it is very convenient for a visit to Bath and near to public transport as there is a Park and Ride almost across the road.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

• 6 months later...

We are going there for a weeks break on the 6th September, looking forward to it, hopefully the weather will be good to :)

Citroen ds4 2. 0 hdi 163bhp Lunar Venus 500 2012.

Very nice site and very good for dogs - the canal path is perfect for dog walks. Very good pub over the road too.

Very nice site and very good for dogs - the canal path is perfect for dog walks. Very good pub over the road too.

Tom

Could I ask what the site fees were as I have always had a bit of a problem working them out from the website?

David

David - Milton Keynes

Caravan Travels

We have stayed here twice as it's just along the road from my sister-in-laws house.

It's a very tidy site and just next to a park with kiddies play park. I think the gents toilets / showers were good but my wife thought the ladies looked a bit dated - so maybe we just had different standards??

We will no doubt go back the next time we visit the family as its so conveinant.

But cannot remember how much we paid per night or how the fees were worked out.

We were last there in October 2013.

Edited by CBBC

Kia Sorento KX-2 Auto - Bailey Pegasus GT65 Ancona

We paid £156 for 6 nights, hard standing pitch. Works out at £26 a night, ouch. .... Bit pricy I think, but the wife booked it

• 3 weeks later...

Finished our week in Bath marina, not to bad but stayed at better. .. Two cubicles in the men's toilets is not good. .. Especially the mad rush in the mornings from 8 o clock onwards. ... There is another block near the other exit, but only two there too. For £26 a night I think this is very pricey for what you get, that's a super pitch price I think. ... If you have a camper van, be very careful when going out for they day, when returning back to the site 9/10 your pitch is taken to another camper van. ... Not good. .. We spent the first night in the car park because our pitch was taken along side a load of Australians who's pitches was being used too. .. The reception said they have been using a different online company to book, and have now changed and that they are very sorry and we would get the first night free. .. Thank god Bath and the surrounding areas was lovely to visit, which didn't spoil our stay. But will not be returning to this camp site again. ...

• 1 year later...

I agree with comments about the toilets - there are too few and they are not particularly well maintained. The site itself is ideal for motorhomes due to its proximity to the park & ride, but otherwise it is pretty average in my opinion.

Suffolk Coast, Bailey U3 Vigo, Hyundai Tucson Premium SE 2. 0

We were there earlier in the year and its excellent for visiting Bath. However in terms of quality I think there are questions about the quality of facilities. The pitches are also better suited to motorhomes especially if you want to put up an awning. Some pictures here http://www. davidklyne. co. uk/bath_marina_and_caravan_park. html

David

David - Milton Keynes

Caravan Travels

Agree. Stayed in my motorhome & it was great. With a caravan, pitches were some of the tightest I've ever come across on a UK site - trees getting in way of awnings didn't help. The ones further away from reception/nearer to exit seemed better.

Unbeatable location for Bath though.