Solar Panel Regulators

brilock1

I have just found out that I have purchased a fake MPPT regulator on the internet. I have installed it in my van and only used it once with less than satisfactory performance. It appears that the coils necessary for MPPT are a pair of tightly coiled ferrous circular coils. Quite large and easily seen when you remove the back cover. I have an air coil and only one. Its a cheap small piece of lightly coiled wire, called air as it has nothing else to cool it. There are other markers of course but this is enough to recognise these cheap Chinese fakes. They are currently being sold on major web sites and are sold as white Mppt 30 12/24 regulators, some with lcd displays and lower amp ones without.

You cannot get a MPPT regulator under £60-80 so if you see one for less take the back off and look for the coils!

If anyone has a Mppt 30 with the lcd in white then I would like to see a picture on the inside to see if there are some genuine ones. The name sometimes associated with these fakes is wellsee a Chinese manufacturer. check them out on u tube.

I have just found out that I have purchased a fake MPPT regulator on the internet. I have installed it in my van and only used it once with less than satisfactory performance. It appears that the coils necessary for MPPT are a pair of tightly coiled ferrous circular coils. Quite large and easily seen when you remove the back cover. I have an air coil and only one. Its a cheap small piece of lightly coiled wire, called air as it has nothing else to cool it. There are other markers of course but this is enough to recognise these cheap Chinese fakes. They are currently being sold on major web sites and are sold as white Mppt 30 12/24 regulators, some with lcd displays and lower amp ones without.

You cannot get a MPPT regulator under £60-80 so if you see one for less take the back off and look for the coils!

If anyone has a Mppt 30 with the lcd in white then I would like to see a picture on the inside to see if there are some genuine ones. The name sometimes associated with these fakes is wellsee a Chinese manufacturer. check them out on u tube.

Please can you post some piccys if possible of your unit? Much appreciated.

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Unfortunately there is a lot of copies around, its one of the reasons solar gets a poor report from many users. Buying from reputable companies is preferable but some of these have been known to have copies.

I bought my morningstar controller from http://www. windsun. com/ in america, they buy from the manufactures. They also have quite a bit of solar type information & a forum

Fake Britain is worth watching

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

I fully agree with what you are saying 100% of the way, however what I do not grasp is considering that you are aware that a decent MPPT controller costs upwards of £60, why buy a mppt30 controller, these are all over *bay for around the £35 mark and the ones I have seen appear to be just slightly redesigned (Re-cased) solar 30 Controllers ??

I bought mine before I had this information I am afraid. When it failed to work as expected I did my research . Another lesson learnt. I will post a picture as soon as I can get it out of the van.

$T2eC16ZHJIkFHRkhrn5EBSDg53O!SQ~~60_12.JThis is my unit but they come in 10, 20, 30amps. Check it out on your tube http://www. youtube. com/watch?v=umRNiJ1oLwo

Wow! What a pile if . .. Fake.

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi