Where Is Peterborough?

I see in the Caravan club mag that the two CL winners for the North Region are in Carlsisle and. .....................Peterborough. I expect this kind of London-centric thing for MPs but surprised at the Club. Not so surprised to see the subs up yet again.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

I see in the Caravan club mag that the two CL winners for the North Region are in Carlsisle and. .....................Peterborough. I expect this kind of London-centric thing for MPs but surprised at the Club. Not so surprised to see the subs up yet again.

well it is north of watford !!!

Whoops, elementary spelling error, sorry Cumbrians. Carlisle, somewhere north of Peterborough.

Almost as good as London Southend Airport and "Northampton, for London" on the trains!

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Well Peterborough is 130 miles north of East Grinstead, a drive of about two and a half hours, hardly "London centered" !

Carlisle is even further north, in fact its almost in Scotland

Most residents inside the M25 would probably take a flask and sandwiches, as well as a snow shovel, blanket, torch and a dictionary to visit Peterborough as it's not on any of the tube maps!

Carlisle is an adventure, usually marked on (older) maps as 'undiscovered'

CL of the year is voted for by the people who stop on them I. e. the members. ....

Lunar Clubman SB 2013 following a Hyundai Tucson MHEV 4x4 2 ltr 185 hp Premium SE (2019)

I should think that finding this made Henry's day! Given that for this competition there were only two Rgions - North and South I guess it was 50/50 where you placed Peterborough.

Henry, if you can bear it, keep trawling through the 106 pages of the magazine there's bound to be something else to complain about. ...

If Carlisle is near London, then I'm a dutchman!

Goeden Dag!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Leaving London the road signs say Watford and the North - so once you are past Watford surely you are in the North . . .

Cheers

Keith

I think Peterborough has been relocated to Poland, or is that, Poland has been relocated to Peterborough? ;)

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

Leaving London the road signs say Watford and the North - so once you are past Watford surely you are in the North . . .

Cheers

Keith

:lol: I like the logic, darn sarf or up north :)

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

I should think that finding this made Henry's day! Given that for this competition there were only two Rgions - North and South I guess it was 50/50 where you placed Peterborough.

Henry, if you can bear it, keep trawling through the 106 pages of the magazine there's bound to be something else to complain about. ...

Well the point I was trying to jocularly make is that I thought it was weird there were only two regions for the whole competition.

I think Peterborough has been relocated to Poland, or is that, Poland has been relocated to Peterborough? ;)

Well I went to shop in Peterborough, for some walking kit, last month & the usage instructions were in just English & Polish.

David

Swizz

Those posting the racist jokes should perhaps know the there are probably more Lithuanian and Latvians in Peterbourgh than Poles.

Funny how no one complained about Poles flying our fighter planes in 1940.

Has the revolution finally begun?

Those posting the racist jokes should perhaps know the there are probably more Lithuanian and Latvians in Peterbourgh than Poles.

Funny how no one complained about Poles flying our fighter planes in 1940.

Some complained that they were over claiming their "kills" until someone followed them & verified how they were achieving the extra "kills".

They were getting in closer before firing.

I'm not aware of a poll about relative numbers of various nationalities. There do seem to be more shops for Poles but that is not conclusive.

How would the relative numbers matter?

David

Edited by Swizz

Swizz

As the north /south border in England is around Nottingham, Peterborough is most definitely in the South. Therefore, like all towns and cities in the south, it is a greater London suburb !!!.

Woo Hoo! As a Worksop boy, I'm now officially a Northerner!

Cheers

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see (GK Chesterton)

There's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong equipment (Alfred Wainwright)