Boroughbridge C & C C

Has anyone been to the camping and caravan club site at boroughbridge ??? We are thinking of stoping up that way at Easter, any info good or bad on this site or any other sites in that area that we could look into, (2 adults, 2 children ) thanks

We found it a pleasant site, very easily reached from the A1. Knaresborough & Harrogate are within striking distance as well as York. It is a medium walk to the local Pub/Restaurant but you need a torch if it is dark.

Only negatives, the caravan/ camping area might need evacuating if the river is in flood & there isn't a lot on site for children.

Happy camping.

Subaru Outback 2. 0 DSE 2015, Coachman Pastiche 460/2, Lunar Ultima Extra 540,

, Pwrtouch mover, Quest Rolli awning.

I am not a CCC member but site is fairly local to me and I have often visited to see friends. ....Nice open field but as previous poster says it is prone to water ingress. ..as at this moment as it is next door to the River Ure. The town is great ( ask Kontiki who is a great fan), clean a few decent pubs and cafes and two nice charity shops. ...

Easter, why not. ..river should have dropped by then!

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Been there many, many times. Have been evacuated twice due to the River Ure popping it's banks.

A lovely site - the toilet block had a refurb, as in 2012 the Roecliffe Lane area flooded completely. The site was closed for a few months. Hard stands are concrete. There are a couple of super service pitches with a tap and drain - these are gravel. There is a play area and a large dog walk field that is fenced off.

Boroughbridge is a lovely town. I love it. Some nice eateries and the chip shop is grand.

On a down side, there is some A1 traffic noise and also noise from the nearby dairy. A lot depends exactly where you are pitched.

Russell

Review here, details of Boroughbridge here.

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Thanks for the replies, very kind of you , I knew it was at the side of the river and this was part of the appeal of the site, was going to go for a hard standing pitch as I thought the grass could be " a little damp under foot " . what would be the procedure regarding an "evacuation " sounds very exciting !!! . Russell would you be kind enough to share some more info on the best hard standing pitches so that I could possibly request this when booking . Cheers matt

Edited by mjp19

We're also thinking of staying there in the Summer as it's relatively central for the places we need to visit.

Sounds just the ticket. We do need somewhere where there are children as ours is a very sociable chap and loves nothing better than making friends. Hopefully there'll be a few at any given time.

Is the grass generally OK when we're not having a wet weather episode? Can't be doing with hard standings, but wouldn't want to be squishing about too much either.

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see (GK Chesterton)

There's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong equipment (Alfred Wainwright)

Right, go on to Google earth and look at the site - YO51 9LS

As you look at the site, the river is at the top of the screen. Top left you see two pitches at an angle - they used to be 59 and 60. I always like those.

Go to the 2013-2014 "Your place in the country" and look at page 93 - guess who is pitched on pitch 60 with a Kontiki motorhome!!!!

You can see I was right next to the River Ure on what was at the time pitch 60.

You do get some road noise there though from the A1.

In normal weather, grass is OK. I was on grass for a night last September in the motorhome and believe me, with five tonnes of motorhome on front wheel drive, I'm very careful when going near grass

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Top man, thank you so much for your help, great picture in the book as well, great view from that pitch, be nice to put ours in face first with the mover .

If the space is occupied it will be Russell anyway. ............

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

I don't use the site much now. I think I have only had eight nights there in the last 12 months or so, but I have had humpteen lots of fish and chips from the chippy near the post office, nom nom.

Check the numbers with the staff though - they might have had a numbering change or something.

Russell