Review: Swift Challenger 570

Subneural

Fixed double bed, end washroom, separate shower, plenty of storage, single axle.

Click here to view the caravan review

Agree with most points, however we have good water pressure in the shower and the heater is fine, we've also added a 240v aluminium towel rail in the washroom.

No towing issues even with all the kitchen sinks that sneak in when I'm not looking !!!

• 2 years later...

I agree with most points, especially the issue with the

nose weight. Mine was always around the 120kg mark, even with careful loading. I too had a mover mounted in front of the wheels. The weight was not an issue for me as my car had a 150kg limit but it could be a problem if your car has a limit of 100kg or lower. However, despite the nose weight the van towed superbly, very stable, even at motorway speeds and in crosswinds.

I would also agree that the blown air heating is a touch on the weak side on the cooler evenings. Even when on full power electric, it often had to be supplemented with 'a bit of gas' to maintain an even 18-19 deg on a cold night.

We are 'all year round' users, spending on average about 100-120 nights in the van per year. One thing that might be of interest to the winter user is that we found the side of the bed which is against the side wall of the van had a tendency to be quite cold on the winter nights. As the mattress virtually touches the side wall, the cold creeps across using conduction and you will possibly needs some means to counter this. The most effective method that we discovered by pure chance was after a push together joint in the blown air heating duct came apart during transit and went unnoticed it blew warm air into the under bed cavity all night which worked a treat!! Other than the cold issue during extreme temperatures the bed was very comfy.

During 5 years of quite heavy use (about 600 nights) we had no major issues with anything. The van is solidly built, very reliable and extremely hard wearing. In fact when it was traded in for a new van (transverse bed!!) we were commended on the impeccable interior condition and this was as much to do with the build quality as it was our own care and attention.

Would I recommend this van? Definitely. Five years of use, very comfortable and no major issues although if you are planning on using through the colder months you may want to consider a transverse bed layout such as the Challenger 580