A Big Hello From Our Family Of Francophiles!

Hello!

I'm a new member, and new to caravanning - my wife and I have just ordered our first caravan - but this is no impulse buy, we've been planning it for years!

We have enjoyed camping in our tent since our two daughters were small (they are now 11 and 13) in Cornwall, Normandy, Northern and Southern Brittany, and the Vendee.

We particularly love France, and the long drive down to the Mediterranean every summer, staying in mobile homes on the holiday parks - we have always enjoyed holidays under our own steam, and the planning and travelling is all part of the big adventure.

I'm impressed with the Caravan Talk forum, there is a great sense of helpful, friendly camaraderie - but that comes as no surprise, we have been camping alongside caravanners for years, and have probably met several of your members on our travels.

I have many questions, and will attempt to post them in the right places (yes, I did read the"read me first").

I look forward to joining your community, and no doubt meeting up with some of you, on our travels!

Keiron

How does it feel?... to be without a home. .. like a complete unknown. .. like a rolling stone?

:welcome::welcome: Glad you like what you've seen so far!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Hello Keiron & welcome to the forum

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Now you have your caravan it will make France seem MUCH larger -- we have been "doing" France for over 35 years and still have places to go and see.

We now spend three months of the year down in the Mid Pyrenees and pop over into Spain for the cheaper fuel etc.

Any way best of Holidays and welcome to this good chat area.

Ask and you will find !!

Maurice & Mary

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

Welcome. Off to France this year, can't come quick enough.

Edited by Alan Stanley

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all! We have had the odd day trip into Spain while staying at Argeles, and may well do so again this summer when we are going to Labenne, near Biarritz.

Keiron & Issy

How does it feel?... to be without a home. .. like a complete unknown. .. like a rolling stone?