Fancying A New 560 Cfe Premium

ADG

Hi All,

We own a Rapido Motorhome - but considering changing back to a Caravan and towing it with my E Class. . I bought the Motorhome new in 2011 for my mam when she was ill with Cancer. . she's no longer with us and if / when we do children, additional transport will be needed, proving impractical. (wife's car is too big to trailer - A frames now "illegal" etc etc)

So, What about a Hobby? (Some of the British 'vans are a bit naff. .)

I've been to see Hobby Uk today - and Like the layout of the 560 Cfe

Price, not bad (adding Alde / microwave / factory AC) - I'm awaiting full price and order date etc next week.

anything else i need to add or to look out for?

Thanks in advance.

Al.

ps. Anyone wanna buy a motorhome?! - ha!

Al.

When I looked at getting a Premium I found some good saving if you wanted to tow it back from a German dealer .

Many dealers supply caravans to the UK if you want to order one .

The OH did not like the mirrors in the Bathroom / Shower and the thought of cleaning them so it never happened .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Hi All,

We own a Rapido Motorhome - but considering changing back to a Caravan and towing it with my E Class. . I bought the Motorhome new in 2011 for my mam when she was ill with Cancer. . she's no longer with us and if / when we do children, additional transport will be needed, proving impractical. (wife's car is too big to trailer - A frames now "illegal" etc etc)

So, What about a Hobby? (Some of the British 'vans are a bit naff. .)

I've been to see Hobby Uk today - and Like the layout of the 560 Cfe

Price, not bad (adding Alde / microwave / factory AC) - I'm awaiting full price and order date etc next week.

anything else i need to add or to look out for?

Thanks in advance.

Al.

ps. Anyone wanna buy a motorhome?! - ha!

Hi are your aware of the dedicated Hobby Forum, there is a 2006 495 ufe just come up for sale, (owner is doing a reverse of what your doing). Its obviously not new, slightly shorter, fixed bed and the Prestige spec.( has a lot of extras to) May be worth an enquiry to dip your feet in the Hobby Market. Weve had ours from new for 10 yrs and it still out classes alot of UK bred vans. If you want a link to the Forum or FaceBook page, feel free to PM me. Im not related to the seller in ant way apart form us Hobby owners are quite a close helpful group. BEWARE EBAY SALes if you chose an alternative to your current choice of vendor.

Thanks Guys,

We've sold our Motorhome. .. and have ordered our Hobby. ..

Looking forward to it!

Al.

Al.

Thanks Guys,

We've sold our Motorhome. .. and have ordered our Hobby. ..

Looking forward to it!

Al.

Wow, nice one. Look forward to a report in due course.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

• 2 weeks later...

well. . i watched our Motorhome drive away this afternoon. .. :unsure: we've had some good times, but it was just too small (inside) and impractical.

tow bar was fitted yesterday (almost 300 mile round trip to find a competent fitter, that could code the wiring kit to the car!)

and it's just a few weeks now, until we collect the new 'van. ^_^

Al.

Hi ADG, we made the decision to buy the new 495 UL Premium directly from Germany in 2012, our 5th Hobby by the way. However, we have it serviced at Hobby UK Derby. We stay at Crich CL, next to the Tram museum.

They fitted a Thule Fixed roof canopy (6200 model) just before Christmas, we bought it from John Rose Awnings who "posted" it to Hobby UK (£££ saving !!). Ross of Hobby UK is an excellent guy, superb workmanship too.

We have had Warrenty work done, for example whilst touring Scotland 2013 (Granton On Spey) our kitchen tap developed a leak, recieved next day!! Have a chat with Ross during the handover.

We are planning a tour, from Cardiff, of Sourthern Ireland, up to N. Ireland and thern across to Scotland. A 3 to 4 month trip. We spent a month in the Outer Hebrides last year and then travelled N. West over the top to Wick and down South again (3 1/2 months). The Premium is a pleasure to tow and tour in. Happy Hobby caravanning.

• 4 weeks later...

Well folks, we collect our new Hobby this weekend!

Can't wait! :)

1st trip away, next week for half-term!

Al.

Don't forget to tell your car insurers that you have fitted a tow bar as its classed as a modification. ...

• 10 months later...

I told the insurers, and they told me that they didn't need to know.

There's no pleasing some folk!

Aygo, Sorento, DS3, Kea.  Still love the Hobby brand, but we are currently hobbyless.

• 2 weeks later...

I told the insurers, and they told me that they didn't need to know.

There's no pleasing some folk!

Worth informing them as they have to cover the trailer while attached to the vehicle . They then are informed and you cover yourself .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .