Summer Dreaming

rotor47

The rain is lashing down in sodden Surrey. The River Wey has burst its banks and flooded the local villages (although here, at the top of the hill we are safe if somewhat windswept) but CaptS and I are sitting snug and warm, glass of wine, wood burner roaring, Classic FM on the radio - choosing our sites for next year and planning our trip to France in the spring. Is there a better way to spent a horrible evening and remind yourself that Spring and Summer and open road aren't that far away?

MrsS

Subaru Legacy towing a Luna Clubman 475 CK2 (we hope!)

All we are saying, is give bees a chance

I had the music player on my phone the other night whilst lying in a hot bath and a song in particular that used to come on when we were sitting outside the caravan under the gazebo when our mates were with us in the camper, small fire burning, bit wine / pear cider just all came flooding back! Also the Tea Tree and Mint shower gel I used up there for the midges and I bought again brought it all back.

I like the winter but looking forward to more regular summer trips again!

Compass Shadow 1988

I hate the winter and the only good part after Christmas is planning next years trips.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

Our next door neighbour have just set off on their journey to Cadiz yesterday in their twin axle caravan. We are still contemplating our first outing of the season in April, hopefully off to France again. Might think about a winter journey to the South of Spain next year, will make the early winter months go by a bit quicker planning the journey and anticipating the good weather. Like LongTime Caravaner we hate the winter in this country as well

I hate the winter and the only good part after Christmas is planning next years trips.

Just came back from a week in York, now at home planning my February week away. Winter is beautiful too

Loved spending Christmas in the Cotswolds, despite some blustery and wet weather on 2 days out of 8 - not bad considering how bad it was back home in West Sussex. The rain has now been relentless since we got back on 29th Dec! This year's main holiday booked - 2 week up to the Lakes and the Scottish Highlands in early June. Easter booked - 5 days at The Old Oaks, we will no doubt book a week in Sept closer to the time and take some last minute long weekend breaks in the Summer.

2015 Swift Challenger 530SE & 2017 VW Tiguan R-line 4Motion 2.0TDI 150BHP

I love winter ! At least when it's here I know we can look forward to spring and summer !

( I hate winter )

Driving Nissan Navara 2013.

Bailey Pegasus Verona 2014.

Already booked for this summer. Can't come round soon enough tbh, and I reckon its because its booked it makes it worse. Best go back to searching where I could possibly go for weekends away. ..

Already booked for this summer. Can't come round soon enough tbh, and I reckon its because its booked it makes it worse. Best go back to searching where I could possibly go for weekends away. ..

From where you are you could do worse than trying CC Rookesbury Park, Nr Fareham, Hants.

Short drive for you and it opens up all of the South Coast from Bournemouth to Brighton and everything in between.

Including New Forest, South Downs and the adjacent Forest of Bere.

We've been going since they converted it from a sand quarry in the mid 70's!!!

Still do go for the odd weekend and it's exactly 8 miles from our front door. ..... but because it's in a dell with no road noise you could be anywhere in the country!!!

HTH

G.

From where you are you could do worse than trying CC Rookesbury Park, Nr Fareham, Hants.

Short drive for you and it opens up all of the South Coast from Bournemouth to Brighton and everything in between.

Including New Forest, South Downs and the adjacent Forest of Bere.

We've been going since they converted it from a sand quarry in the mid 70's!!!

Still do go for the odd weekend and it's exactly 8 miles from our front door. ..... but because it's in a dell with no road noise you could be anywhere in the country!!!

HTH

G.

Already booked there for Easter and a may bank holiday. It's our 'local' and one of our fave's too. Been there many times, and love the walk up to the woods

In addition to running off 12 different CC Centre Rally Programmes,also checking both Retired & International Caravan Association schedules, to add to our regional ACCEO Club,Northumbria,to see if the 2013 total of 104 nights we spent, mainly in sunshine, can be met. ...

France and Holland were planned but on back burner as possible surgery needed. .........so lots of 5 to 10 day rallies hoped for. .

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Its been raining all day down here in already wet Cornwall. We were away on north coast for new year,it was a bit damp to say the least. But a great rally held by bcc. I really cant rember ever having so many wet mats towels, coats and dogs in the van. Its taken me days to wash everything and clean the van,has it put us off NO. Had lunch today then sat on the computer planning our summer breaks. Got plenty of bcc rallys to look forward to starting in Feb. Just hope the ground will start to dry up. Our coast down here has taken a real battering,and we feel for friends on coastal towns who have businesses that have flooded again.

I am undecided whether I hate the winter or not, what I do hate is having to try and get van out of storage, muddy farm site which currently is thoroughly waterlogged :o

We had to cancel 3 trips last year as was unable to get off, not doing that again this year, somehow I WILL get van out of mud on 31/1/14 as we have a short break booked down in the new forest.

Lovely day here, was frosty this morning but the first proper nice day we've had in ages when it's not dull, windy, raining. Wish I could just go up the caravan now!!

Compass Shadow 1988

Watched the awfull weather on tv here in Dubai where we have been since early December, enjoying lovely sunshine and warm temps, sitting on the beach sunbathing. ...................Oh no !! coming home next week, dreading it !! now have to wait until late June when France beckons !! malc

Spent a lovely week in the lake district last January apart from the 127mph winds the first night it was a fantastic week rain wind sunshine the lot but great walking no crowds and a toasty walm van to come home to sit down and read a book

. Heaven :)