A Site Close To Paris.

Well the New Year is over so it is time to start planning our long trip to France. We will be travelling early May.

We plan to cross the channel at Calais and then intend heading to a site to the West or South of Paris for a few nights before travelling south.

Has anybody any suggestions for a site, preferably in the ASCI scheme, with good transport links to the centre of Paris.

Now I will add another complication, my wife uses a wheel chair. She can walk a little, ie she can get on and off busses etc, and her wheel chair folds up.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Paul.

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

A popular one with many is Maisons Lafitte which is in this year's ACSI 1557, €18. It is many years since we were there, but I recall it being straightforward to get to and there being a train station nearby for a speedy journey into Paris. I know others have been more recently so perhaps they can update on access and disabled facilities.

Hyundai Santa Fe CRD auto + Burstner Belcanto 525 TL

http://www. oldagetraveller. net/

Yes, we were at Maisons Laffitte in 2011 - it does take the ACSI Card - and I'd agree it has good transport links to Paris from the local RER station. There are newly refurbished sanitary blocks, good tarmac access roads around the site, nothing special on site itself, ie no pool or entertainment but a small bar and restaurant, and a shop which has basics. The suburb of Maisons Laffitte is a nice one, with one or two good restaurants, some cheaper ones, and nice patisseries and bread shops.

In Paris a tip for a good value meal is the top floor self-service restaurant at Galleries Lafayette (disabled access - and a fantastic shop to look around) and then your wife could go out on the level terrace and see the beautiful views from the top floor.

In Paris a tip for a good value meal is the top floor self-service restaurant at Galleries Lafayette (disabled access - and a fantastic shop to look around) and then your wife could go out on the level terrace and see the beautiful views from the top floor.

Totally agree Val. .........wonderful shop. .......first went there in 1955 and tried to buy a 'hanky' for my Mother with letter 'K' and. ........failed as French didn't use that letter. ......but still a nice shop went back a couple of years ago. .......

Your comments on site interesting as was looking at a rally there this year, but if no pool forget it

geoff

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

We stayed at Maisons Lafitte in May 2013 for a couple of nights to 'do' Paris again on our way South - we had stayed at ML about 15 years before when we took the children for an Easter holiday to Paris. The local RER station is about 10 mins quick walk away so a little longer with a wheel chair as the first part is a gentle uphill slope and then level after a right turn. We bought a day Mobilis ticket at the railway station for €10-70 and this covered our RER train in and out, all the Metro and buses and even the ride up to the Sacre Coeur. The journey was about 20 mins into the centre. I am not sure how easy access is with a wheel chair at the Metro stations.

The site was busy even mid-week as it is so easy to get into Paris from it. The site is a mix of touring and permanent mobile homes but is well arranged. The Seine flows past the site and some pitches look out onto it but they were all taken when we arrived - we had not booked as we only decided to go to Paris when we looked at the Meteo on the ferry.

Hi

We like Camping Beau Village. It is about 20 miles south of Paris and is about 20 euro per night. Nice warm shower block (dated but clean), free WiFi in the rec room, on site bar and a small bakers & supermarket within walking distance.

Train to Paris about 10 minutes walk away and you can buy the RER ticket to include the Metro and buses. It's quiet at night there too.

We did try to book into the place at Bois de Boulogne but at the time, (I'm not sure about the present) they had an extra charge for a twin axle, which, even though we are a twin axle motorhome, they wanted to charge us. we declined their kind offer, and discovered Beau Village.

Russell

Just had a look at Camping Bois de Boulogne - their double axle tariff appears to still stand. Link here

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Thank you everybody for your input! Most helpful.

My wife travels in a wheel chair, but is able to walk about 4 yards with support, so getting on and off the metro, or other trains should not be a problem.

So much thanks!

Paul.

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!