Why?why?why?

Phil O

Yes it is true I AM a Stoke City fan.

Not only was this chap slipping all over the place, the caravan had no protection from his ladders and he was wearing shoes that he'd been wearing whilst walking on his gritty hardstanding.

He'll probably be moaning to his dealer soon complaint of water ingress.

post-38998-0-25080300-1388776043_thumb.jpg

It's the sort of story you hear about on local news, with someone falling off and breaking their neck

Not only was this chap slipping all over the place, the caravan had no protection from his ladders and he was wearing shoes that he'd been wearing whilst walking on his gritty hardstanding.

*cringe* Standing on a caravan roof!!

Come on it'won't be his fault if he slips off or ends up with dodgy seals causing damp, or even a dent now would it? ;)

Compass Shadow 1988

He may scratch it or dent the alloy if not careful. Damage the structure ?

http://baileyalu-tech. co. uk/trial-of-strength. php

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)

Maybe he does ballroom dancing and is very light on his feet

:P

Trevor.

Although my Orion has a strong roof that the dealer says will hold a small car I would not walk on it like that!!! I was washing the roof last year with a long car wash brush and was bent over the roof trying to reach an awkward spot and nearly fell off as the roof was so slippy. For that awkward spot now I open the rooflight and use a small pair of steps inside the van. The guy the OP spotted was just asking for trouble and I think he should have gone and told him where he was going wrong :o

2004 Citroen C5 2. 0ltr diesel auto VTR and 2011 Bailey Orion 430/4

Its looks like a endangered species of the “Tweed Pheasant”....... You can identify them from their size 9 talons, 32 inch leg and missing feather plumes on their derrières. These missing feather plumes tend to encourage them to use objects to gain height and roost off the ground.

But seriously folks. .......

If hail stones, awning poles and flying stones can damage a alloy skin of a caravan, I’m pretty sure when he looks back on his roof when descending down his ladders, that he’ll defiantly notice some peculiar indentations.

Edited by Gaz40

Why, why, why indeed! :(

Ford Kuga Powershift AWD. Bailey Senator Indiana Series 6

Somebody has to !!!!

:D I should keep quiet really, they beat my team :(

Ford Kuga Powershift AWD. Bailey Senator Indiana Series 6

He may scratch it or dent the alloy if not careful. Damage the structure ?

http://baileyalu-tech. co. uk/trial-of-strength. php

Although in your link right at the very bottom it has this warning/disclaimer -

Please note: Health and safety requirements were stringently adhered to whilst conducting this test. It is not recommended that consumers climb on top of their caravans or walk on the roofs in any circumstances.

(colour changed by me)

Edited by sgthakeswell

2015 Ford Kuga CDTI Titanium X, towing an Elddis EX2000 Hurricane.

When I clean the roof of my caravan I regularly climb on top, although I do use a board to spread the load.

At least your not like the fans of a team not far from here who have a habit of crowing before a ball is kicked,especially derbys, and apparently have already won the Premiership. Their chairman and his Mrs were on Celebrity Pointless the other night and it was embarrassing to watch as they dropped the name of the club every few minutes. Shame really because I like the manager, but he'll probably end up with Barcelona!

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Although my Orion has a strong roof that the dealer says will hold a small car I would not walk on it like that!!! I was washing the roof last year with a long car wash brush and was bent over the roof trying to reach an awkward spot and nearly fell off as the roof was so slippy. For that awkward spot now I open the rooflight and use a small pair of steps inside the van. The guy the OP spotted was just asking for trouble and I think he should have gone and told him where he was going wrong :o

Perhaps if you strap a pair of Michelin 185/55/15 Energy's to your feet, this should suffice in "Roof Walking" ;)

I know what you mean about that "trying to reach an awkward spot" I have the same trouble in the shower :o

Can you imagine it ? I think he might have told the OP where to go as well. I would have.

Ah yes yes the mighty stoke!!!! And me being from London. ...followed them since 1970!

Can you imagine it ? I think he might have told the OP where to go as well. I would have.

Yeah it's best not to bother advising some folk, they always think they know better, will never damage anything or come a cropper, repair bills of thousands or NHS costs for sake of what, a long vehicle brush!