New Baileys Caravans

den123

hi guys what i wont to know is how many of you who buy a brand new caravan from bailey DONT have any faults with it until its 3 year old

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is fine, as are any others. All forums are filled with unhappy people. Go on the Merecedes forms I have been a Merc owner for 7 years and you would never buy one based on forum opinions!

hi guys what i wont to know is how many of you who buy a brand new caravan from bailey DONT have any faults with it until its 3 year old

Education is important but beer is more importanter.

Hi Den

I don't think you should base your proposed purchase (if that's what you have in mind) on a cross-section of forum members. As perksm said above, forums tend to attract complaints, not compliments.

What I would say though, is that you should buy from a reputable, reasonably local dealer, as he/she is the person you will need to deal with should any faults develop (and I would rather them develop in the first 3 years of warranty, than after).

The Bailey warranty is one of the best around and if there is a problem that needs resolving then they do so speedily, in my opinion, of course. We had some faulty blinds in our previous van and we only had to email photos in to the dealer, no hassle of taking the van in for them to look at the blinds. The work was authorised by Bailey and the whole lot changed in a day visit to the dealer - excellent service.

Regards, Glen.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

I have bought 3 new Bailey Caravans since 2006 and the 2013 model has been the first to have problems. Unlike the previous Avondale, Abbey, Eccles and Sterling(2) all of which needed serious repairs in the first 3 years.

Den, as Glen has said, better to have issues within the first 3 years. We bought a new Bailey Unicorn 2 in July this year and it has been back to the dealers once with a list of some 20 items which needed attention. Some were really unimportant things which should have ben picked up on the pdi and a couple of things far more of an issue, one of which needs Bailey to correct.

We have been away for the new year for 8 days and unlike my previous van which had new faults after EVERY trip, we haven't added any issues to the initial list, all of which were dealt with very professional by my dealer.

If you have a good dealer they are worth their weight in gold.

Don't worry too much about having a few issues with a new van, they all have some.

Kev

Kev H<p>Ford Transit Custom Campervan closely followed by a Lunar Lexon 640

According to my dealer none of them come from the factory with out requiring rectification work.

This is our personal view and from personal experience. .......

We think Bailey make the best interiors, comfortable, stylish, practical and welcoming.

Their exterior looks aren't the best but you warm to them.

Must admit that Bailey do honour their warranties on their caravans, but. .............

Their build quality and certain other aspects of design are hit and miss. This can lead to owners incurring excess stress (let alone the caravan) in trips back and forth to their dealers and even months lost in factory repairs. You cant keep blaming dealers (OK some are a lot better than others) but these problems should never have been on Baileys caravans the day they left the factory.

My other concern is. ..... That months and even years have gone past in their latest build designs but their still falling down with the same mistakes of mainly poor build quality and some design issues, Are bailey totally ignorant, or are they totally disconnected to their obligations in supplying quality built caravans to their dealers.

Its sort of a love hate thing, You can love 'em or you can come to hate 'em. So it boils down to, "You pays your money and takes your choice"

Looking around though at other makes and models with their problems "What choice do you make" Your choice becomes very limited when looking for reliability.

Personally for me, I've had more issues with my cars than the 2 baileys I've had. In fact the current one has been faultless apart from the odd bit that should have been picked up at pdi.

Our Unicorn2 Cadiz is now 14mths old and apart from the well noted mattress problem (can't really blame Bailey for that!) it has been fault free. We had our previous Senator5 Vermont for nearly 7yrs and overall it was practically fault free.

Have an indiana series5 from new with minor faults. all fixed by dealer. getting a u2 valencia next week. cant wait.

Picked up our new U2 Valencia in late October, with so far no faults, still trying to work out the heating/air con system, and the water plumbing but we are getting there, being the van is built for the Australian market is great, but the instructions are for the UK

i. e no aircon etc.

Edited by cay1

Den,

I have had a Bailey Olympus 504 since 2011, and quite a few faults since I bought it.

Constant Water leaks from the pressure system - hot water element blowing fuses, (element burnt out) - Water coming in front bed lockers - 3 outside locker doors, broken hinges - Electric fire thermostat Faulty - Led front side lamp (corroded) - shower plastic wall covering cracked.- Edging on furniture fallen off - top lockers very hard to open.

As you can see it has had a lot of faults in the short time I have owned it.

The water leaks from the pressure system is the big one for me, as it has been almost everytime we use the van, it leaks.

I think the build quality is rubbish, on the van, and I won't buy another one from Bailey.

• 2 weeks later...

We bought a Unicorn S2 Barcelona in June and so far travelled around 2500 miles. Three faults have occured. The clock stopped never to go again except in the bin, the water pump body seal leaked allowing pump to draw air. (a replacement sent to our holiday site by Whale) and the toilet window blind has gone all queer. I am monitoring the matress as i suspect it may be getting damp and the toilet could do with being a bit warmer.

Very pleased with the van

Gem Caravans (Fife) Ltd.

ALL MAKES SERVICING AND REPAIRS

BAILEY TRANSIENT WARRANTY, LUNAR AND COACHMAN WARRANTY

www. gemcaravancare.co.uk 07803 922945

WORKSHOP NOW OPEN

According to my dealer none of them come from the factory with out requiring rectification work.

I wouldn't say this was entirely true, you get good and bad ones delivered with all manufactures, we go through them thoroughly and report absolutely everything we find, even things most would never pick up on, it also means the customer isn't finding faults on the day they collect the van (though I have heard plenty of stories where this happens!)

Olympus 540 5. 18 months old and only prob is fridge light sensor.

That's a new one on me donny. What's that when its at home?

Valencia U2, had it 13 months, used it loads. Fridge light failed (in there getting it looked at) that's Dometic. Stereo failed, that's JVC. Apart from that no problems and it is a lovely van. The forum reports problems with every single make: if you get problems on your van that's a 100% failure rate but every Bailey owner I've talked to on sites have been pleased with their vans.

A good dealer PDI makes all the difference but the first time you tow it in earnest is when things will go wrong, things that did not show in PDI because they have just happened.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

Only one problem with my Orion, The blind in the toilet has just failed to return up.

Not a problem that can't wait until the first service, as it stops people bogging in the bog as they wander by!

Otherwise, fault and leak free so far.

Bailey Orion News & Information - 

They are very complex items on wheels, to have no faults at all is unrealistic given the amount of stuff in them.

Not a problem as such. But checking my tyres yesterday and they have a date code of 0711 (Feb 2011). Van was built April 2013 so they were over 2 years old at build date and will be 3 year old before I have even used it. Sending email to bailey tomorrow to understand why they can't even follow ncc guidelines and how they are going to resolve.

Hi all.

we took delivery our or new Bailey Unicorn Valencia 2 on Friday after part exchanging our Adria Astella Rio Grande, Too big for long term ownership and narrow french roads to campsites!!

Having checked over our van this morning in storage we noticed the outer shroud below the front Heki roof light is falling down from it's securing clips on one side only. It appears to be pushed up onto numerous sliding metal wedge clips. This is the part which houses the LED lamps. Has anyone had similar issues and is it just a case of nipping up the wedge part of the clips to form a tighter grip? In addition how are the LED's lit up in this unit along with the spot lamps at the top of the front window where it meets the roof? Have read the book and can't find out how to operate them

Many thanks, Mike Davies