Trumatic S 5002 Heater

stevet1999

Hi there, I have a problem with my caravan heater. .... It works great on gas, but is almost useless when its on mains electric power. The fan works OK, but no matter which heat setting its on, there is just a very low amount of heat coming out!!

Can anyone help?

Cheers, Steve

Hi Steve, same here. Do you have winter covers fitted over the fridge vents??

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Hi there, I have a problem with my caravan heater. .... It works great on gas, but is almost useless when its on mains electric power. The fan works OK, but no matter which heat setting its on, there is just a very low amount of heat coming out!!

Can anyone help?

Cheers, Steve

To heat up a cold caravan, you need to use gas or both gas and electric for maximum effect. Electric takes too long.

Once the interior is warm the electric should be sufficient, on either the 1kw or 2kw setting, to keep up the temperature.

The 500w setting is all but useless at heating up. ...most of this amount of heat is lost in ducting.

If you can't get appreciable heat from the 2kw setting . ...without the fan on. ...maybe the heater elements are duff?

Edited by ericfield

At 2 kW on electric, it will take some time to get the van up to a reasonable warmth. If you do run it on gas and electricity simultaneously, it is essential that the warm air circulation fan is operating, otherwise overheating/damage may occur - ref Truma instruction booklet.