Very Embarrassing

Phil O

Yesterday evening sat snugly in the caravan, knock on the door, warden, "hello sir, you were due to leave us at middy today", me, " nope it's tomorrow we leave", warden "I'm afraid its today sir, if you'd like to make you're way to reception to sort it out please"

I was wrong, we'd planned for months to be spending a week here but the oversized thumbs working the keyboard when I made the booking got the leaving date wrong. Very embarrassing, shall be leaving sheepishly this morning

7 days No9's for you Phil.

An easy mistake I would think?

David

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

Not quite as embarrassing as doing the same thing twice as I have done.

Four or five years ago I was on the New England CC site when the Warden, quite late in the evening as I was taking down the awning, asked if I was leaving soon. My reply was that I was leaving the following day, as that is what I had thought I had booked and paid for. Please pay for the extra night before you leave tomorrow, was the Warden's reply. Fortunately my site booking for the next site was from the following day.

A couple of years later a similar conversation took place at the Hillhead CC site though on that occasion the Assistant Warden asked if I had moved pitches when she was checking pitch occupancy.

On both occasions they were simple mistakes on my part due to me confusing the day and date of departure, though it was clear that the assistant Warden at Hillhead did not believe me as I heard her telling the Warden when I followed her, unseen by her, into reception. I can understand her cynicism as both deliberate and accidental overstaying must happen quite frequently on a busy site.

When I was at the Moorhampton CC site last year I discovered on checking in that I had underbooked by one day but fortunately the site wasn't full and I was able to stay for the extra night.

Confusing days and dates has also happened with an appointment at my Medical Centre when I attended at the correct time but a day later than my appointment. I was given a yellow card for that transgression but now the centre sends two text messages reminding me of my appointments. The first message is sent shortly after the appointment is made and a reminder is sent 24 hours before appointment.

Not quite as bad as me. Years ago, I had an accident in work and split my finger. In those days, you had 3 injections against tetanus, and had to have a booster every 5 years. On the due date, I presented myself at the local health centre and gave my appointment card to the receptionist. She said, "well done, nobody ever gets the booster when they should. Unfortunately, you're a year early."

Mike.

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

A few years ago I stayed on a site and at the weekend the site had problems with people booking in as the site was full so they checked the caravans on site . They found over 100 caravans not booked in and had just pitched . This was not a CC site but I can see where site wardens have doubtsas it must happen everywhere.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

We had a couple in a motor home pitch next to us, they had a slight edge to them,

and kept asking when we were leaving. Two days later they disappeared only to reappear

on another pitch on the other side of the site, this was repeated several days running.

They had not paid for any of their stay and just drove off early morning and returned

with all the day trippers around tea time so went unnoticed until they pitched on another

motorhomers pitch not noticing the small "pitch taken" notice.

One site we visited issued a coloured ticket to tie onto the front handle on the caravan,

with a leaving time and date, because they had so many "overstayers"

We lost a day in France leading to an unscheduled rush to the ferry rather than the planned overnight stopover.

Since then purchased "day date" watches as the error was getting the day of the week wrong. It went somewhere in that 5 odd weeks!.

Edited by JTQ

We lost a day in France leading to an unscheduled rush to the ferry rather than the planned overnight stopover.

Since then purchased "day date" watches as the error was getting the day of the week wrong. It went somewhere in that 5 odd weeks!.

Thanks JTQ. You appear to have hit the nail on the head. My problems have only started since I stopped wearing my late Dad's day/date watch, when it stopped working a few years ago. When checking in at a site when wearing the watch I would do mental calculation to confirm the day and date of departure.

I find it confusing just booking normal (senility has set in!!) In theory you get a day extra for

nights booked. (in theory!) 7 nights = 8 days?? :unsure:

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Some years ago we went to France. Spur of the moment camping and we wanted 5 days. They could only offer Tues night sailing come back Friday. This was to short as we had some travelling to do in France. She then said, "If you go tonight, Monday, you can come back Saturday morning". We took that

Problem. We never checked the ticket dates. On our return, Saturday, we were in the queue, when I noticed Fridays date on ticket, fortunately, the ferry wasn't full and although we had to go in terminal and explain, that we were going home Friday, but then changed. They just gave us a boarding pass and we were on our way.

Very helpful.

On another occasion we were at Billing Aquadrome and the lady next to us openly admitted that they would book on for 4 nights and stop for 8 or 9. she said "it's so big, here, that the wardens dont check.

Lunar Zenith Citroen C5 2. 2 HDI Citroen Picasso 1. 6 HDI. , Vauxhall Vectra Design 150 bhp Soon to be, 2014 Sprite Major 4 sr. With ATC.
The Internet has had no effect on my life whatsoever. com

We did the opposite and turned up a day late to the CC site at Wellington to stop overnight before going on to Ilfracombe. They were full and could not take us but kindly rang Ilfracombe to see if we could go a day early where they were told that we were expected that day.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

Last year we were in France and as the weather was not too good thought about coming home a day early. However, we couldn't be bothered with the hassle of changing our site and ferry bookings so decided to stay on.

The day before we were due to leave the site owner came over and asked if we wanted to pay him now for the extra night.

Extra night? We're booked in until tomorrow but we weren't! No time to get back to the port in time for the ferry so had to change the date anyway! That's the trouble with holidays - you just lose all track of time.

Our favourite site is totally the opposite. It's "hello again lovely to see you" when you turn up and "oh are you leaving already" when you decide that the rat race is shouting loud enough. We don't pay on arrival we pay on departure. There is an element of trust involved which developed over years. It's a great way to have a relaxing holiday. I love little sites.

Not the dreaded No9's . . . . . again !!!

Ahhh! You was a regular recipient too??? :unsure:

At least the "cuts" was abolished early on!!! :lol:

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

Turned up at a site in the South of France last year and were given our pitch number. Got to the pitch and there was an English Motorhome on it! Turns out that they had decided to stay for three extra days but had not told reception! They were soon moved!

Turns out it often happens on this site that people stay on without telling reception!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Think I was known as "nines" onboard my 2nd ship (Danae)

I guess your second home could have been the DQ's then Phil?

Did you base your valeting business on the polishing skills gained as a defaulter? :D

I liked the Leander's, they made excellent target ships!! :P

Edited by Seaman

Never did DQs i wasnt that aughty, the training certainly embedded good standards within me and with the fire service too its certainly done me good, I had several trips up n down the Clyde chasing and avoiding you slippery lot beneath us, being a radar operator was a lot less challenging than the sonar ops tho during those exercises !!

Many years ago we were on a small commercial site in Wales and on the day of our departure which we were supposed to vacate by 12 noon a van came next to us at 10. 30 am and asked when we were leaving. There were other pitches but this guy wanted ours so we put a spurt on and got ready to leave for 11. 15. When we pulled out the guy drove to another pitch and set up there :angry: :angry: :angry: . Haven't been so helpful since for some reason.

2004 Citroen C5 2. 0ltr diesel auto VTR and 2011 Bailey Orion 430/4

I usually make the bookings for our trips but once I have finished I usually get The Management to check them - so far this has worked and we haven't had any mistakes

2015 Ford Kuga CDTI Titanium X, towing an Elddis EX2000 Hurricane.

Tried to inadvertently stay an extra day at Lauder last year. All sorted in a friendly way. We missed the 12 o'clock departure time and were allowed to finish our walk, have lunch and pack up at our own pace.

hawkaye :beardy: