Has Any Body Else Ordered A Bailey Pursuit?

PR1

Well ours is ordered. Being built in the week starting 3rd of March. 430/4. Looking forward to the fixed bed.

SWMBO has got her new caravan. Must remember to tell her that I have ordered a new Land Rover!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

You will love the fixed bed. . :)

Always enjoy your blog by the way.

We were looking for a new caravan last year and the pursuit was on the shortlist. Waited till the nec and had a good look round ( went for 2 days to make sure we took our time) the caravans on our list (adria altea, sprite and pursuit.

In our opinion ( mine and SWMBO)

PROS:

Exterior silver looked nice

Had a reasonable spec once you added the extras.

Still had a similar layout to what we were looking for ( 5 berth and lightweight) end bunk end bathroom

CONS:

Show vans weren't finished well. - sealant was a bit hit and miss, interior fittings werent that great

Interior finishing looked a lot cheaper than outgoing olympus- reduced hob burners, oven and fridge. cabinet fittings were off putting.

Sink and hob placement made no sense - if you used the drainer it was so close to the hob it was obvious it was eventually going to be melted. Plus it meant limited worktop area.

Price - by the time you added everything to make it olympus spec it was a lot more than original list.

We ended up buying a brand new olympus 2 540 -5 for a lot less than the best deal we could get on a pursuit.

These are only our opinion's and I hope you are happy with your purchase.

As a side note the dealer we bought our olympus from felt he could sell a lot of pursuit's so maybe we were being a bit picky

We were looking for a new caravan last year and the pursuit was on the shortlist. Waited till the nec and had a good look round ( went for 2 days to make sure we took our time) the caravans on our list (adria altea, sprite and pursuit.

PROS:

Still had a similar layout to what we were looking for ( 5 berth and lightweight) end bunk end bathroom

CONS:

Show vans weren't finished well. - sealant was a bit hit and miss, interior fittings werent that great

Interior finishing looked a lot cheaper than outgoing olympus- reduced hob burners, oven and fridge. cabinet fittings were off putting.

Sink and hob placement made no sense - if you used the drainer it was so close to the hob it was obvious it was eventually going to be melted. Plus it meant limited worktop area.

Price - by the time you added everything to make it olympus spec it was a lot more than original list.

We ended up buying a brand new olympus 2 540 -5 for a lot less than the best deal we could get on a pursuit.

As a side note the dealer we bought our olympus from felt he could sell a lot of pursuit's so maybe we were being a bit picky

These were much our feelings as well.

Quite agree about the hob/drainer,barmy.

Pricey when the options are added ( plus I don't count a spare wheel as an "option" ).

There is also a large cupboard under the sink,presumably for pans etc. which is spoiled for storage by having heating ducting running across the bottom of it.

As for the upholstery colours. ...........................................( and there are no optional colours,take it or leave it ).

We'll be leaving it I think,generally much prefer the Orion at the moment.

Ian

PROS:

CONS:

That's why we went with our second Olympus. Must admit I do like the grey sides though and the wider interior