Dometic Fridge Light

starr870

The light in our s6 senator Carolina's fridge seams to have a mind of its own, it works one minute then not the next time you open the door. I can't see the switch which operates the light but can hear a click when closing the door, is it in the plastic section at the top of the unit where the top hinge pin goes into? How do I get into it?

Andy.

2002 2. 5b Tdi Discovery ES and 2008 Bailey Senator Carolina

Have a look at the Dometic website and you can get specific info on your fridge - I think the switch it magnetically operated. The spares list should give you some ide of where it is and how to replace it

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

The switch is a magnetic type, it's located behind the plastic cover where the knobs and switches are, I replaced one last year.

Bought it from here, http://www. leisurespares. co. uk/ it's got exploded drawings of every model, which was helpful

Ford Kuga Powershift AWD. Bailey Senator Indiana Series 6

The light in our s6 senator Carolina's fridge seams to have a mind of its own, it works one minute then not the next time you open the door. I can't see the switch which operates the light but can hear a click when closing the door, is it in the plastic section at the top of the unit where the top hinge pin goes into? How do I get into it?

Andy.

Don't know your van specifically but Dometic fridge lights are usually a reed switch and magnet.

The top edge of the door frame may have a circular mark which is the reed switch. Try placing a magnet over it and see if the light goes out.