Toilet Locker Door Leaking During Heavy Rain

SIDDERS

Hi all, I thought the toilet itself was leaking but have discovered the water laying in the bottom of the locker was fresh,won,t tell you have I tested it!!! it fills after heavy rain and on opening the door I can see drops of water on the inside of the door, I am suspecting the seal or the lock, any other suggestions would be welcomed.

SIDDERS

Hello there,

I had the same problem on my Unicorn Valencia a couple of years ago after heavy driving rain in the Lake District. I swabbed all the water out and taped up the door until I got home. I then made sure that the two slots in the bottom of the door frame were clear by pushing a plastic cable tie through. I then hosed the doorway down but was unable to get water to ingress the compartment. The problem has not occurred since.

Hope this helps.

BW

Clean the seals completely dry. Dust them with talc. Close and lock. Spray with water and talc will show where there is water ingress

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Had the same with our van toilet cassette door and started to rot the local walling.

I found the only way to overcome the leaky seal completely was to fit a Fiamma drip strip above it.

Completely dry since.

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

• 1 month later...

We had the same thing with our Eriba, found it when I was removing the toilet/washroom, the damp had started up the wall and as we had never used the toilet/shower in 4 years, it had to be coming in the door, removed the hatch cleaned up the mastic and

re bedded in sikaflex then filled round the edge of the door with sikaflex and closed and locked it

. ... give the seals . ... a coat of vasiline . .....

Cheers

Pete

Mine : Land Rover Defender 90, big, black and shiney.
Polly's : Land Rover Discovery Sport, HSE in Scotia Grey . .......
Towing : A 2011 Coachman Pastiche 545, on the driveway . ....... and now a CT Ninja, too.