Mosquitoes In Marais Verte Or Green Venice, France

Hi there Francophiles, has anyone out there been to the Marais Verte region of France and if so have you had any problems with mossies? Looks an interesting area but a bit worried about all the water as they love me!!! Also looking for a CL type or farm site if we decide to go. John

We have stayed in the area around the Marais Verte on one occasion in May 2010. I cannot say we noticed any problems with midges and remember sitting outside most evenings.

John.

I have visited that area in April and although we did not particularly notice a problem I think you can be assured that an area with so much water is going to harbor them and unless you take lots of precautions they will find you

David

Various vans 78-2019,  currently  Hobby Excellent 540 FU and Mercedes E220 CDI Estate

www. caravan-europe. co. uk

Depends just what the weather has been in previous month and if the new mossies have emerged. ......We were in Royan area once (August) and every evening we had millions of them come down from the Marais about 70 miles North. ............you could see the clouds from a mile away and if the men covered their ankles and necks we didn't have too many problems. ...the ladies did have and some ended up in hospital.

BUT, friends went back to same area for the same time of year for the next three years and had no problem at all. ...but as David in Cheshire says. ..there are bound to be some so precautions need to be made. Coulon is a lovely place and in the middle of a massive tourist area so things can't be that bad all the time,,,

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Visited twice but not seen mossies.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Stayed at the CM at Marans a few years ago in v hot weather, so hot in fact we rented a boat on the Marais for a cooldown. No mozzies that I recall.

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Well if they emigrate to Royan. ..as in our case, then they won't be at home in the Marais. ......I'd go. ...it's a lovely place.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for all messages (MIXED) sounds lovely though might give it a miss dont fancy being mozzie fodder.