Adria Awning Light - Dumb Question.

MonkeyMark

This is probably an obvious one.

I tried to take the cover off the awning light today, it's a silver/clear oval one, and it wouldn't budge. It has little tabs but it was starting to cause damage and would have snapped before they released. I didn't have any steps so couldn't see the top so perhaps the top has to be done first?

Is there something I'm missing?

Come on, enlighten me! :-)

Edited by MonkeyMark

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

Mark they are held in with the clips you have seen. BUT due to a decent outlook on longivity they also use a vast amount of sealant which on ours was enough to partly stick the lens to the backplate. it was a nightmare but came off without damage in the end.

Edited by clairendave

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

Mark they are held in with the clips you have seen. BUT due to a decent outlook on longivity they also use a vast amount of sealant which on ours was enough to partly stick the lens to the backplate. it was a nightmare but came off without damage in the end.

Good to know I was on the right track. I was starting to think I was nuts.

I'll have another go next visit and take more tools with me. Hope it comes off without damage.

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

it was awkward, i used a little hook type screwdriver i use for lockpicking to help. but care with a small terminal type screwdriver would be ok.

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

it was awkward, i used a little hook type screwdriver i use for lockpicking to help. but care with a small terminal type screwdriver would be ok.

Did the lens come of separate or did you have to remove the silver part first?

yes mate, silver cover then all becomes obvious :)

yes mate, silver cover then all becomes obvious :)

Cheers. I'll take step ladders next time.

Thanks C&D I was wondering this too as want to put in a higher power equivalent LED bulb - anyone know what they have in them - is it the 10 or 20W G4 capsule as standard in the rest of the inside?

Presumably need a bit of sealant to put it back as well then?

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

• 4 weeks later...

A bit late to reply but hey ho.

It did come off, with a little persuasion. Cant remember what the wattage was but ill be back in a couple of days so will look again.

I may swap the bulb to an led version myself. The original idea was to do a full LED conversion, but its such an awkward shape internally its going to be tricky. Would be easier if I had the light with me to work on but it being attached to the van in storage makes it a little harder. :P