Truma Ultrastore - Not Much Hot Water

sportycara

Have thought for a while that we don't seem to get much hot water from the ultrastore, so did a test. Using a 1L jug, measured how much hot water we were getting. After 2l litres the water is only warm and then goes cold by about 3-4 litres.

The water starts boiling hot, scalding in fact, so know heater is working. Have it running in electric only (High setting). Have tried with tap on full, and about half flow, still same amount of hot water. As this is meant to hold 10 litres, I would expect the "HOT" water to last longer.

Anyone come across this?

Cant be air block as hot water leaves tank at top, cold enters at bottom, not spluttering out of tap.

Any Ideas?

We've just been away for the New Year and I filled our kitchen sink to the brim and it was scalding hot. .. Sounds as if theres a problem with the thermostat/element. ..

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

Maximum temp/supply occurs when running on both gas and electric. The gas burner is stronger and, as water us drawn off, will react quicker to reheat the incoming cold water.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Have thought for a while that we don't seem to get much hot water from the ultrastore, so did a test. Using a 1L jug, measured how much hot water we were getting. After 2l litres the water is only warm and then goes cold by about 3-4 litres.

The water starts boiling hot, scalding in fact, so know heater is working. Have it running in electric only (High setting). Have tried with tap on full, and about half flow, still same amount of hot water. As this is meant to hold 10 litres, I would expect the "HOT" water to last longer.

Anyone come across this?

Cant be air block as hot water leaves tank at top, cold enters at bottom, not spluttering out of tap.

Any Ideas?

How long was the electric switched on? Edited by Caravanmedicswindon

For any additional information or advice please have a look on my website. .....

www. thecaravanmedic-swindon. co. uk

Thanks all for your replies.

The hot water had been switched on for a number of hours (at least 4 hours without hot water use).

Am now about to do a test with gas, will leave it on gas and elec for another 15 mins or so and see if I get any more hot water out of it. Have held cold pipe going to ultrastore, doesn't get warm, so doesn't appear to be anything wrong with warm water going back to water intake, and its not flowing to over flow either.

I've never measured it but certainly get plenty of hot water from ours. Enough to fill a sink so certainly much more than 2L.

If the water is getting hot then the only things I could think of is a faulty/shorted heat element causing only part of the element to heat or a lot of sediment reducing the internal capacity though thats extremely unlikely to have got to that degree.

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

OK, running it on gas and electric I got 4-5 litres before it started to get cold.

The gas then cut out whilst I was running the water (red light on the switch). I have left the gas off and just the elec now. Retested after about 40 mins on elec and now have 4-5 litre of hot water before cold again. Still not the 10 litre but at least I get a bowl of hot water.

Thanks Caravanmedicswindon. Thought there was something wrong.

Van is under warranty, under a year old. Think we will manage until the service is due in May/June. We've managed till now anyway. Can get dealer to sort it then. Wanted to be sure it wasn't me or if it was something I could do myself.

Thanks for all your help, and everyone elses ideas.

Yes, it's only 6 months old. Did discuss with dealer today, but they hadn't seen this before. They did say we could take van to them to get it checked out, but its rather a long drive from West Wales to Northampton, just to get them to look at the water heater, then they may have to order parts. Hence why as I do get hot water, and we've managed till now, thinking of leaving until service, and they can look at then, along with other issues we've had. (Other issues are all minor ones)

Yes, Setting on High for Electric. and gas is full, cooker and heater work fine. I think it is something with the ultastore, don't really bother using the gas much as have EHU on site, but we have tried to use it, it takes many attempts to get it to work.

• 4 years later...
On 02/01/2014 at 17:29, sportycara said:

Anyone come across this?

Any Ideas?

Did you ever get a solution to this? We’ve just bought a Elddis with Truma Ultrastore and it’s doing the same thing.