Haven Sites

Hi,

Does any one have any recommendations of haven sites, been to Devon Cliffs & Perran Sands last year.

Looking at sites in wales & east coast, in may and mid sept

In all honesty all the haven sites are brill if you have a family and are prepared to muck in with the rest.

If you wish for peace and quiet, forget it!! The two I have been on were disgusting in the toilts and badly laid out and badly drained. You tend to get pushed anywhere they can't put mobile homes.

I will now duck down whilst others throw missiles :ph34r::ph34r: . .Peter

Peter and Sandy pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 565 with

2016 Ford Kuga 2. 0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.

Retired and loving it.

Reighton Sands, Primrose valley or The Blue Dolphin all just out side Filey aren't the best but they aren't the worst by a log chalk. They have the usual Haven facilities which you expect on one of their sites, at the highly inflated prices you expect. One benefit they have is that they are central for holiday towns like Bridlington, Scarborough and within easy travelling distance of other places to visit such as Whitby, York, and Eden Camp Museum at Malton. Goathland the home of Heartbeat isn't far either. If you like bird watching the RSPB reserve at Bempton is close too on the way to Flamborough Head which has been designated a Special Area of Conservation as well as a Site of Special Scientific Interest.

Edited by sgthakeswell

2015 Ford Kuga CDTI Titanium X, towing an Elddis EX2000 Hurricane.

In all honesty all the haven sites are brill if you have a family and are prepared to muck in with the rest.

If you wish for peace and quiet, forget it!! The two I have been on were disgusting in the toilts and badly laid out and badly drained. You tend to get pushed anywhere they can't put mobile homes.

I will now duck down whilst others throw missiles :ph34r::ph34r: . .Peter

I have to agree to be honest, I am not a big fan anymore. I just hate seing all the arcade machines and the constant sales barrage to try to get you into a mobile timeshare!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

If you've been to two already then you will know what to expect ( & can obviously cope with it ). Personally if it was not for the grandchildren I would avoid like the plague, but each to thier own. The east coast sites around Filey always look really run down whenever we have passed them, but the general area is quite nice.

Les.
2. 0ltr 150TDCi TITANIUM X KUGA + 2016 Elddis Crusader Mistral ( Misty )

" I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong "

Haggerston Castle near Berwick Upon Tweed is a nice site snd just recently been renovated with plenty of things to keep kids amused. Northumberland is a beautiful place.

:goodpost: It really is beautiful up there, perhaps consider a C. C. Site?..Peter

Retired and loving it.

Got two little ones so is ideal for us, and found the prices at haven is normally cheaper than other sites, when considering get the entertainment & swimming for the kids, thats why go for them.

Devon cliffs is obviously the money making machine for them, but was looking at east coast as have never gone that way

Not an Haven but Warren Mill has a pool wifi and a large play area a short walk to the sea and 2 miles from Bamburgh castle, 3 miles from Seahouses etc. Or alternatively I have had recommended to me the Haven site near Grange over sands, in South lakes very good.

About 3 years ago we got a bargain stay at a super pitch (water,waste, electric, hardstanding and awning space) at the Blue Dolphin site near Filey. We got there towing with the Freelander the pitch was only just big enough to put the Virginia on with no room for the porch awning and the car due to the next pitch being so close. The pitch was made of 3 concrete pads for the wheels then mud covered with wood bark chippings and mud everywhere eles. The toilet block all though cleaned twice a day was in a disgusting state, the prices at the bar in the complex were twice the price of a pub down the road so all in all we wouldn't go there again.

Hagan Y Mor Pwelli is a nice site with loads to do for the kids, a bit further afield would be Kiln Park near Tenby

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD AUTO. Lunar Lexon 570

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2 x darling grandaughters and her

Not an Haven but Warren Mill has a pool wifi and a large play area a short walk to the sea and 2 miles from Bamburgh castle, 3 miles from Seahouses etc. Or alternatively I have had recommended to me the Haven site near Grange over sands, in South lakes very good.

If it's the one at Flookborough then I hope it's undergone a restoration, I actually took photos of the filthiest shower block ever there and sent them to Haven who just made the excuse that it was busy and the staff didn't have chance to clean them properly. Well they hadn't had time for a few months before either if you looked at all the grime. ...Peter :o

Retired and loving it.

For anyone wanting to book a Haven stay they are doing up to 50% by booking early, as mentioned

on the below site.

hotukdeals. com

For anyone wanting to book a Haven stay they are doing up to 50% by booking early, as mentioned

on the below site.

hotukdeals. com

Leave it a while longer and you can probably get in for 9quid through the SUN holiday scheme. ..

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Well with having a 3 year old we like to go to haven sites but I also like to get away from the noise. We've now got a 12 week old, who is having her first holiday to haven marton mere in march and off to hafan y mor in october. We've not had much trouble on the sites apart from having the kids from statics running around, and screaming all night. I've also found drink to be 3. 20 a pint (guiness) which is the same where I live, and as I don't go out much at home, not really complain!

We've been to lakeland and it was a nice site, think the super pitches had just been redone. Been to haggerston castle and it was ok, loads of vans in a smallish space, but didn't feel claustrophobic. Also been to reighton sands, and we were on the top row of touring pitches and struggled to get level, back of van was on the floor and still wasn't level!!

The inlaws have been to thorpe park and said that was a nice site as well, but can't speak from personal experience.

Then I guess it's a Marmite situation, I just loathe them but then again I like peace and quiet. ...Peter :ph34r:

Retired and loving it.

We've been to Perran Sands last summer and thought it was lovely. Nice modern shower blocks which even have baths! We opted for an XL pitch and had room for van, full awning, table & chairs and car all lined up in a row. The pitches are all sand dune/ grassy type (hence Perran Sands name) so no horrible concrete blocks anywhere to be seen.

I must confess we don't bother we going to any club house or arcades as we spend most days off site till fairly late so this side of a park doesn't bother us personally and I know there's tons of sites around Cornwall with nothing or little in the way of arcades which will probably be cheaper, but its the location and clean facilities that we liked about Perran Sands.

Hope it helps.