A Lovely Hello

sparklygirl

Hello everyone,

we are campers getting a caravan and kinda jumping end full on. We have paid for a seasonal pitch already and cant wait to find our caravan, hopefully 6 berth fixed bunks. Our girls are very excited at the thought of bunk beds.

I've found this forum helpful whilst I've been drawing up a check list for our hunt!!!!

Can I ask where you got ur soft furnishings, ie duvets, plates etc to fill ur van?

:welcome: Welcome to the forum, and a happy new year to you! That's an open ended question you are asking

really. Part of the fun is searching things out. The caravan show is on in February at NEC (Fair way for

you to come though) and you would get everything you require there, although there are shows on around

the country. Regarding furnishings, I would wait until you have bought your caravan, as everything is dependent on

colour and sizes. Happy hunting!! ;)

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Welcome to the Forum. We brought our 3 lads up camping and caravanning. It's great fun for them and links up nicely with other interests. Walking for example is a healthy and educational leisure activity, enjoyed by many people of all ages.

Ern

Welcome. Just remember that you don't have to compromise on everything because you are in a van. For example, do you really want to be eating off plastic plates etc. you can get It all at the shows but it does get very expensive, and it can often be better value getting certain items from the supermarkets or the like.

Whatever way, enjoy it. Our 2 girls love it

We use real supermarket china and cut glass glasses from charity shops. No melamine and plastic for us. But you'll find on this forums that there will be a variety of opinions on everything.

Duvets - spare from when our kids left home, but as said above, enjoy the search for all the stuff you'll need.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

And one final tip from me if you are making up the lounge for you to sleep on. Get a mattress topper, it will transform your nights sleep. And don't scrimp on this one as its a life/back saver!

Hello & welcome to caravans & Caravantalk :)

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Hello and welcome.

For cutlery and plates we used asda. Plastic plates aren't as good as the melamine One's you'll find at the shows but, as we have toddlers, breakage will occur so cheap was good.

Duvets I think were Argos.

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

Oh wow, thanks for all your replies. I read somewhere to not use the normal plates as if they fall can cause damage. Hmmmmmmm, something to think of. Ohhh and we went to look at vans today. Very exciting. We deffo want the fixed bunks. Does anyone on here not tow themselves? They said at the place today they knopw a guy who can tow for you for a price. Not sure how this would go down with the insurance. ....

Where do you guys site?

Can I recommend the Caravan show at Trafford centre (Event City ) coming up mid January? not too far for you.

Just a tip, if you do go, wait until after 10 am because the traffic is horrendous earlier you will find it best to get there at lunch time and it starts to tail off in the afternoon. ... :) Oh and :welcome: . ..Peter

Edited by peterjohn

Peter and Sandy pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 565 with

2016 Ford Kuga 2. 0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.

Retired and loving it.

Can't he done with plastic anything, we just use some pound land rubber matting between the plates when travelling, mugs have been fine and wine glasses clipped in with handy holders that I think came from riversway leisure, we have Perspex glass bowls stacked and nothing has broken even though we go up and down farm lanes mainly. Cheap set of crockery from tesco for £16 so not much lost even if it does break at some point.

Happy caravanning and go slow over the bumps!

Oh wow, thanks for all your replies. I read somewhere to not use the normal plates as if they fall can cause damage. Hmmmmmmm, something to think of. Ohhh and we went to look at vans today. Very exciting. We deffo want the fixed bunks. Does anyone on here not tow themselves? They said at the place today they knopw a guy who can tow for you for a price. Not sure how this would go down with the insurance. ....

Where do you guys site?

Insurance needs checking out first. Most of us here are tourers (I think!) but some here do use seasonal sites.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion