Winter Covers Causing Trouble?

Been away over Christmas again and have a poser. The Truma heater works perfect

on gas or electric, but I want to talk electric. Any time of the year when I use the heater

on 500, 1000, or 2000 it works perfect up to the maximum heat. If I use the fridge covers

in winter, the heater switches itself off below the maximum temperature, but does not

switch itself back on. The thermostat is by the door. But why would fitting the covers

affect the heater??? :blink:

Edited by gravon42

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Cant see any other reason other than when your fridge covers are removed its keeping the room temperature down by letting in draughts and when fitted stopping the drafts into the living area (Drafts that shouldn't be there) Especially if the vents are in the direction of the wind. The thermostat on the Truma electric fire doesn't seem that accurate anyway.

Edited by Gaz40

If you are saying that the fire control is by the door, in the same area as the fridge, then with vent covers on the area behind the fire control, which contains the fire thermostat sensor, heats up but does not cool down as quickly as the van does.

Answer is to fit a remote thermostat to the fire to override the one in the switch by the door.