Jobs To Do Or Leave Alone

cugsy

Well, the water heater either needs fixing, replacing or upgrading. Its gas only and sending it to Gary for servicing seems most obvious. But a dual gas/leccy water heater would be nice. ..or not? Is it a nightmare to swap units? What about a 240v water heater instead?

The 12v lighting system uses simple car bulbs in the reading lamps - can they be upgraded to led? The fluorescent strip lights are presumably only 8-12w so do I leave alone or are there lighting systems more efficient? ie;brighter for the same power use?

The tiny little taps use microswitches (oi fink) and work well enough with loads of water pressure. The only trouble is trying to get a kettle under them. The sink is quite shallow so its a bit annoying. I'm going to change the water filter and hose. I have seen some upgrades to newer filter and pumps arrangements - the subby works so if it ain't broke. ..don't fix it? Until it breaks of course and then maybe upgrade it.

I also managed to snap a handle on the front, but it doesn't look replaceable. I might try and fix a strap to the remains. or can the handle be removed? then there's the door window that got broken. Any tips on removing that rubber seal and how the window fits?

ETC. ..thanks for any help boys and girls. john

I have the these in the reading lamps, regulated to work from 10 to 30 volts 28.jpg

as for filling the kettle or drinking water we use bottled water (from site tap) 5lt for kettle & cooking 2lt for drinking (or whatever fits in fridge)

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Hi never ever use drinking water through the caravan system. Always take plastic container and fill direct from the site tap. This can be kept in the fridge during warmer days.

Hi never ever use drinking water through the caravan system.

I assume you've missed off the 'I' as the 2nd word otherwise it seems an imperative. We always use the caravan system water but caravanners are all different.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I assume you've missed off the 'I' as the 2nd word otherwise it seems an imperative. We always use the caravan system water but caravanners are all different.

:goodpost: I have made some people feel sick when they see me eating my butty's with hands that have just stripped an engine. I have also stopped myself from bleeding to death by slapping a handfull of grease on my gashed head while working under trucks.

We are not in any of those adverts for helping people get water from 15 miles away or drinking from puddles.

H.

Finding things funny since 1968 :blink:

I get lamps from here, they are very good, excellent customer service and they do the 9-30v stuff you need for non steady 12v supplies.

http://www. homewatt. co. uk/

"lamps glow bulbs grow" don't you know hah ha!

I also got a bit bored of running out of hot water cos 10L isn't a great deal, when I was looking into fitting an additional hot water tank I decided that it might be the cheapest option to use a marine style calorifier that holds 20L and works of 240v as well as the voile that uses the boats hot engine water. If you just used the 240v element to heat hot water it's only £200 which is a lot less that a gas/electric truma or similar - does limit you to 240 only though, food for thought maybe

Nice to see the old battle of the H droppers still continues. 'otel or Hotel. ..never been bothered to be honest. And I got told about bulbs a long time ago when I worked on aircraft - and not to call them planes either. Still, life goes on,eh?

Thanks for the more relevant info about the lamps. Mind you though, if you go into Halfords (or 'alfords) and ask for a lamp they probably send you to Habitat. I did read of some people getting a leedle poorly after drinking from the water on site but we're quite robust and after 3 days of it feel fine. If only they sold 50L Perrier ;)

Some taps have long or short reach spouts. The kitchen one is generally longer

The more I learn the more I know,the more I know the more I forget,the more I forget the less I know :blink:

Easiest option might be a taller spout on the taps. They seem to be push fit anyway.

I would have thought that changing the water heater would be a relatively straight forward task, having the ability to heat the water on electric as well as gas is a must have, I always use electric when on EHU, and gas when in the wild, the best of both.

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

The water heater is only gas at the mo'. Swapping gas only looks doable, its the 240v bit that might take some thinking.

"Snip"

I did read of some people getting a leedle poorly after drinking from the water on site but we're quite robust and after 3 days of it feel fine. If only they sold 50L Perrier ;)

I've been poorly drinking water from the site tap & I was only putting the tiniest amount into my whisky :ph34r:

Seriously I don't have a problem with the sites water, but its a lot faster & easier filling the kettle & pans from a bottle

(the bottles are always filled from the site tap)

Paul B

I have the these in the reading lamps, regulated to work from 10 to 30 volts 28.jpg

as for filling the kettle or drinking water we use bottled water (from site tap) 5lt for kettle & cooking 2lt for drinking (or whatever fits in fridge)

Can you send me a link to where you got the bulbs from ?

All bulbs come from China and is cheaper on Ebay direct from there.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Can you send me a link to where you got the bulbs from ?

I buy mine from http://www. atenlighting. co. uk/ I apriciate they can be bought cheaper but those they sell at Aten are all regulated to work from about 10 to 30 volts.

As I have solar panels with a controller that fully charges the battery before going into equalisation & desulfurisation mode I thought it prudent to buy leds that can work on higher voltage

Paul B

:goodpost: I have made some people feel sick when they see me eating my butty's with hands that have just stripped an engine. I have also stopped myself from bleeding to death by slapping a handfull of grease on my gashed head while working under trucks.

We are not in any of those adverts for helping people get water from 15 miles away or drinking from puddles.

H.

I'm no expert :). But can you actually bleed to death from a head wound?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

:lol: poetic license and keyboard bravodo ;) it did hurt though.

H.

Finding things funny since 1968 :blink:

All bulbs come from China and is cheaper on Ebay direct from there.

Dave

It may be easier to deal with someone over here with a vested interest in customer service if there is a faulty lamp though, or if one blows quite quickly or if you decide you want to change them cos you fancy a brighter one etc when it arrives, you won't get much joy from a faceless overseas seller on eBay and the return postage costs outweigh the cost of the goods, just a thought.

It may be easier to deal with someone over here with a vested interest in customer service if there is a faulty lamp though, or if one blows quite quickly or if you decide you want to change them cos you fancy a brighter one etc when it arrives, you won't get much joy from a faceless overseas seller on eBay and the return postage costs outweigh the cost of the goods, just a thought.

And whilst I do largely agree with you, I have had experience both ways :) I use this company --> http://www. ultraleds. co. uk/

I have no vested interest but they did correct past problems I had when LED's where not the same colour(warm + cold white)

I do like the ebay prices from China a lot but I hate the 30days shipping that seems to happen every time I order something from China and the obligatory import duty and costs I seem to always get slapped with :o (Check out the small print)..

Edited by dreadly

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Very true to a point BUT, if the ones from China are a quarter of the price (and they often are) you can afford to buy spares and a different colour and still save money. I got all of mine from China, no problems at all, work fine without a regulator though I have fitted a regulator as a precaution. Look at feedback on ebay and judge for yourself.

RT

I think both Charles 1 and Anne Bolelyn bear testimony to the fact that you can! :rolleyes:

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD AUTO. Lunar Lexon 570

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2 x darling grandaughters and her

Call the FBI - I's been hijacked! One of the people responsible for forcing me into buying a tin whale and having all of this joy, ie a mate from work has a new Carver water heater in his garage. It doesn't fit his new caravan and he's bringing it in today. Yummy

Thank you Wispman for the lesson in the use of the English language. You are correct in what you said, I should have read the post more carefully before submitting it. I will ensure that in future all postings are read and re read before committing them to the internet.

Er gor blimy guv wots a imprative ?