Broadway Cc Site In The Winter

We have just booked a few nights in the Cotswolds in the hope of getting some much needed 'feet up' time as soon as possible.

I have only passed though Broadway once and it seemed pleasant.

has anyone got a view to share on Braodway and/or the site at this time of year.

NB) It's also our first CC site after a year using C&CC sites. ....much difference to be expected? We aim to settle with one of the clubs by the end of 2014.

Cheers

Edited by LandyandBailey

Freelander 1. 8i or Discovery TD5 and Bailey Ranger

Just come back after spending Christmas there. Very pleasant site, the facilities are immaculate and it's only 10mins walk into the village. We prefer it to Moreton-in-Marsh. Recommended

Edited by matelodave

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

Agree with Dave its a nicer site than Moreton in Marsh although slightly less available in the village although enough for most people.

On your other point about which Club/which sites. We are members of both Clubs and in the main use CC sites. We have stayed at one C&CC site at Devizes which I would say was on a par with most of the CC sites I have stayed on. I appreciate that its not much of a comparision and I have heard reports that some C&CC sites vary a lot in quality where as CC sites tend to be pretty much of the same standard. I am sure you will like Broadway.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Would agree with David Klyne that Broadway is a better site than Moreton [Vans not on top of each other and no road noise.]

Less in Village but still a few pubs/cafes in Broadway.

Dave formerly DaveBelcanto

Hi

We live 5 miles from Broadway, very nice village, even if it is a bit busy in the summer, while you are down here, why not also visit snowshill,lower slaughter and burford, now they are impressive Cotswold villages

There is also an excellent 5 van site in Broadway, cannot remember the name but it is with the caravan club

Just found it, it is with the caravan & camping club and is called Broadway (H & W) - Pry Lane, Broadway, WR12 7LX

Edited by SP1

Just looking for our first winter break in 2014 and I think we will give Broadway a go! Just sorting dates between council meetings, family (grand children) birthdays etc!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

You'll love it. Great pub on left as you enter village. Nice enough walk there.

Power unit at front all the time, Van behind (hopefully) some of the time unless I'm reversing then it's all the other way round . .... Or is it?

We were thinking of staying at moreton in marsh site so that we could walk into moreton for the market but are wondering now if we would be better staying at Broadway where it's quieter & only about 10 miles from Moreton.

We were thinking of staying at moreton in marsh site so that we could walk into moreton for the market but are wondering now if we would be better staying at Broadway where it's quieter & only about 10 miles from Moreton.

Just as well doing that.

The market in Moreton is nowhere like it was a few years ago, in fact we were very disappointed how small it had become on our last visit.

Dave formerly DaveBelcanto

Trouble with Broadway is it is a typical concrete CC site. Vans all in rows. It is a nice site but not so good when full.

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

Trouble with Broadway is it is a typical concrete CC site. Vans all in rows. It is a nice site but not so good when full.

True, but where else can you park your caravan near to such a beautiful town ?

True, but where else can you park your caravan near to such a beautiful town ?

See my previous posting above.

John

5 miles down the road !!! We're talking Broadway here, not Evesham. The CC site is 10 min walk to the village centre, there are several starting points for walks where you dont need to use to car to reach, I'm sure Longacre near evesham is a nice site but the OP is asking about Broadway!!!

5 miles down the road !!! We're talking Broadway here, not Evesham. The CC site is 10 min walk to the village centre, there are several starting points for walks where you dont need to use to car to reach, I'm sure Longacre near evesham is a nice site but the OP is asking about Broadway!!!

Yes I know but it is an alternative. Lived around there for 15 years and watched the Broadway site grow. If you want an expensive eat out then Broadway is the right place.

John

But maybe just what you need when the weather could potentially be bad, in winter. We usually go in Feb and really enjoy it.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Yes I know but it is an alternative. Lived around there for 15 years and watched the Broadway site grow. If you want an expensive eat out then Broadway is the right place.

New Years Eve at The Swan Broadway, 3 course meal & a very good one at that with live entertainment £30 per head. I wouldn't call that expensive.

The Crown and Trumpet Broadway, home made fish, chips mushy peas £8. 95, local brewed real ales £3. 25 that's not expensive either.

Broadway Deli, scrumptious local food, pâtés, cheeses, breads, etc etc etc all at reasonable prices

I could go on

Edited by Phil O

New Years Eve at The Swan Broadway, 3 course meal & a very good one at that with live entertainment £30 per head. I wouldn't call that expensive.

The Crown and Trumpet Broadway, home made fish, chips mushy peas £8. 95, local brewed real ales £3. 25 that's not expensive either.

Broadway Deli, scrumptious local food, pâtés, cheeses, breads, etc etc etc all at reasonable prices

I could go on

Not bad at those prices I agree. I haven't been for some years. Will give the town a try when we go later this year.

John

Broadway is a tidy well kept site with absolutely no views or outlook.( At least when there is foliage on the trees ) It is handy for an overnight or two while travelling to and from the more scenic areas further north to the channel coast. As a previous poster says it is just a short walk into the town for the supermarket or the pubs which is a definite bonus. We have used the site three times and will use it again as a convenient stopover.

There was a good pub in Childswickham, an easy cycle ride away if you want a drink with the meal; obviously not too much to drink mind you even with the bike!

Edit: over in that direction from Broadway the cycling is tolerably flat and enjoyable.

Edited by JTQ