Dacia Duster

bigbilly

An old 'petrol head' mate of mine came round last night for New Years Eve and also to show me his new runabout a Dacia Duster.

Not sure how serious a tow car it would make at 1,300 Kg but what value for money !

According to him they are built in India under licence from Renault and are marketed there as Renaults. Apparently most of the 4 X 4 mechanics are from the X Trail.

Anybody else got one or any experience with them ?

Bill

There are several "reviews" on You-Tube and a few magazine reviews

http://www. autocar. co. uk/car-review/dacia/duster

http://www. mirror. co. uk/lifestyle/motoring/car-reviews/richard-hammond-test-drive-dacia-1778811

My son is looking at an estate version.

Edited by gumdrop

if you think the new one is ugly, you must have forgotten about the old one. a friend of mine has one, they goto steam rallies a lot, he has decent tyres on it and embarrasses people with road biased 4x4's when he helps tow them off the fields.

if they were heavier they would be a wise purchase for a lot of people imo.

they are another thing that exisits if it had a different badge it would be a different story to a lot of folk.

Edited by clairendave

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

What about the original Toyota Landcruiser? Now there's an ugly beast. ......especially with Richard Hammond driving it on Top Gear!

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

I've liked it from its launch and its got to be better looking than a Rexton, or is it just my bad taste :blink:

its massively popular in the rest of Europe and does very well India and Russia. Good for towing "light weight" caravans, folders or trailer tents and even better if your the outdoor type for your all the gear.

It is, was it is and to be honest it like most cars, you luv 'em or hate 'em but they've got proven engines and running gear.

Edited by Gaz40

I agree with GAZ40. The Rexton has to be one of the ugliest beasts ever. Having said that, if you buy a car to do a job, and it does the job, who cares.

I agree with GAZ40. The Rexton has to be one of the ugliest beasts ever. Having said that, if you buy a car to do a job, and it does the job, who cares.

You can't see it when you are sat in it.

Has the revolution finally begun?

A car is only a tool made from a lump of metal to do a job so who cares what it looks like.

If people considered looks LR would never have existed since 1947.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

I wouldnt worry to much about a 3 star NCAP. It will keep you save enough inside the vehicle, just dont get hit by one as a pedestrian.

New face lift for the Duster (Front end and interior) with new saftey equipment, ESP, more air bags - ish.

Looks quite nice.

Pretty good value but be interesting to see how they stand up in long term. Have read issues of rusting parts already, and fact it is a Renault isn't a good thing in my book.

Think the UK models are built in India which doesn't have good quality rep and LHD models elsewhere which do have proven track record are built in Romania

A second hand Jap or Korean smallish off roader would arguably be a better long term buy

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

Not a brand warrior and understand that there not everyone's cup of tea. ..............But

My wife's Clio Media/Nav is a great car, 1. 5 dci returning 63 mpg, excellent handling, very comfortable, excellent road holding, good ratio 5 speed gear box and goes like stink on the open road. Good all-rounder.

My two nephews Clio Sport and Megane Sport are cracking cars (especially at the weekend) and my dad owned a 2 Litre 18 GTX for 21 years and passed that on to his Grandson for a project, just a shame the Grandson was a bit to ambitious with it.

In my younger days I ran around in a Feugo Turbo (Could the Feugo be coming back)

Edited by Gaz40

I wouldnt worry to much about a 3 star NCAP. It will keep you save enough inside the vehicle, just dont get hit by one as a pedestrian.

New face lift for the Duster (Front end and interior) with new saftey equipment, ESP, more air bags - ish.

Looks quite nice.

attachicon.gif51795_1_5. jpg

attachicon.gif51685_1_5. jpg

attachicon.gif51705_1_5. jpg

Actually I think it was 'occupant safety' that it fell down on - i. e. The kids safety. .

http://www. euroncap. com/results/dacia/duster/2011/421. aspx

Nope, having read it, your right. .. Just don't get hit by one :) However, I would never buy a car now without ESP or some form of stability control.

Edited by dreadly

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Actually I think it was 'occupant safety' that it fell down on - i. e. The kids safety. .

http://www. euroncap. com/results/dacia/duster/2011/421. aspx

Nope, having read it, your right. .. Just don't get hit by one :) However, I would never buy a car now without ESP or some form of stability control.

Its an option now on the higher spec and I think it maybe standard on the new phase two (above), with a new petrol engine.

One mans poison. .........another mans, egg fried rice :beardy:

Edited by Gaz40

Its an option now on the higher spec and I think it maybe standard on the new phase two (above), with a new petrol engine.

One mans poison. .........another mans, egg fried rice :beardy:

Maybe it's the new LADA Samara ?

Mahatma Gandhi

Maybe it's the new LADA Samara ?

Wasn't that car modelled on a Audi B)

Oop's. ............ Sorry, their side drafts in the grille :blink: . ...........On seconds thoughts perhaps it was :o

Edited by Gaz40

Wasn't that car modelled on a Audi B)

Oop's. ............ Sorry, their side drafts in the grille :blink: . ...........On seconds thoughts perhaps it was :o

attachicon.gif205. jpg

Doh! - I meant the NIVA. ... Nice Samara though :)

Mahatma Gandhi

If people considered looks LR would never have existed since 1947.

Dave

Why?

Do you think the rest of the world agrees with your personal views ?

Land Rovers have been voted Britains favourite/most iconic car many times. .

Defender 90  cruising along with a Coachman Laser 640/4.  :)

Why?

Do you think the rest of the world agrees with your personal views ?

Land Rovers have been voted Britains favourite/most iconic car many times. .

Personally. .. I think that most Landrover vehicles look really nice with the exception of the following models :-

• Freelander 1
  • Discovery 1&2
  • Range rover Evoque

Apart from that, no issue with me :)

Mahatma Gandhi