Back From Skeggy

cugsy

And mostly in one piece. :D Well, we watched the weather forecast like idiots on the friday before we went. But it wasn't too bad when we crawled out of bed at about 6am. Nice not to have to stuff a huge tent in the car too. We got loaded up and off to the storage site. Then a bit of fun with me trying to get the whale out of its little slot and remember everything about pre-departure checks etc I'm trying to get into a routine.

Then off and over to Kings Lynn and up the A17/A16 to Boston and Wainfleet by Skegness. My missus was worried about towing but she did what she always does. ..and slept until her bladder woke her up. After a brief stop for tea and brekky we got going again and despite Boston being busy it wasn't the nightmare I expected. We got to the site (Grooby's Pit ) about midday. It was a bit soggy and Neil the owner let us pitch by the lake. He even helped me move the big *****...reversing ain't happening yet!

We had a problem with a lack of hot water from the ancient Carver, but that will have to go to Gary at ARC for fixing. Other than that (and a hell of a wind for a day or two) we had a good time. Electrics all worked, gas fire and blow air system worked fine and we even managed hot meals. The bed was fairly comfy and the loo kept the wife content especially for those midnight walks. .

The new awning managed 2 out of 3 days before Neil rescued it for us. Even the telly worked - it just needed retuning for the freeview so that(and scrabble) kept her sane. No big wet tent to struggle back into its bag and dry out on return. Just the struggle to reverse the 'van back into its slot. But we just unhooked it and moved it by hand. .sort of :rolleyes: The caravan (old Elvis the Elddis) might be 20+ :rolleyes: years old but it was brilliant. Loving it. John and Emma

That's great news - I'm sooooooooooo jealous, and wasn't it so much better than Spain? I hope this is the first of many trips or you both.

T00ts

You've only failed when you've stopped trying! xx

And I'll bet Skegness was sooooooo bracing.

regards

Lester Rope

VW Passat 2. 0 SE TDi followed by Adria Adora 612DP Lunar Champ H621 - we have moved to the dark side

And Gibraltar Point was quite washed out too. Got some jobs to do this weekend but we're planning lots of trips. Wife even mentioned France. Oh oh