Caravan Site Near Cadiz Carnival

Hello again.

Has anyone been to Cadiz Carnival and can anyone recommend a caravan site in the area? We are heading back to Spain late February so would get there in time. It looks amazing! I can see a few sites but can't work out where the carnival actually takes place. I imagine a sensible walking distance would be needed as traffic and public transport are probably disrupted.

We were in Cadiz last year and were told that it 'fills the streets'...which if you compare to,say, York, makes the Shambles look like motorway. ......very high and narrow streets. ............brilliant place would go back sometime. ..

Try this site for help. ......... http://www. andalucia. com/festival/carnival/cadiz-guide. htm

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Cadiz is not that huge a city. It is on the end of a peninsula and nearly all easily accessible on foot. I've not seen the carnival, but we stayed near there in March 2009. The site we used was Las Dunas in Puerto de Santa Maria, which is across the bay. An easy 10 minute walk to the ferry terminal and a nice trip over to Cadiz, every half hour taking half an hour, run by the local bus company

An advantage of staying this side of the bay is that it is easier to get up to Jerez for a day trip, and the camp site is a short walk from the Osborne Sherry Bodega.

Arriving by ferry into Cadiz

post-40786-0-85452100-1388514408_thumb.jpg

Hyundai Santa Fe CRD auto + Burstner Belcanto 525 TL

http://www. oldagetraveller. net/

John. ....I have a friend who has a house in Jerez and he recommended the ferry to us. ..had forgotten all about it. ..

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Just a word of warning about the ferries - they fill up very quickly and we only just managed to get on to the last one by booking onto it some 2 hours before departure. We were there in August but I suspect it will be just as busy at carnival time.

Bailey Senator Arizona Series 6 pulled by Ford Mondeo Estate 2 litre diesel
Blog at lamputtsonland. wordpress. com