2014 Avante 636

Timanita

Hi all,

Happy new year. ...😋😋

Just a quickly on this model, any idea of the best size TV to go on the bracket by the door, it used to be supplied with a 16inch but not anymore so I need to get one in the sales just won't to go for the biggest I can without it getting in the way or looking daft. ....😬😬

Any owners any advice. ....thanks

Tim

I'M OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER. ...But I don't. ...😩😩😩

Hi Tim,

We have been able to get our 18. 5 inch Avtex to fit perfectly. However, if we want to play a DVD we have to quickly drop it off of the mount, insert the disk and remoun, it just slots on and offt. It is only a minor inconvenience. We have also used our old 19 inch Toshiba, but with the same problem for DVD's.

We have a 574, but the dimensions in that area are the same I would think?

David

Edited by Seaman

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

Hi all,

Happy new year. ...

Just a quickly on this model, any idea of the best size TV to go on the bracket by the door, it used to be supplied with a 16inch but not anymore so I need to get one in the sales just won't to go for the biggest I can without it getting in the way or looking daft. ....

Any owners any advice. ....thanks

Tim

Hi Tim

Sorry, not same model of Avante as yours, but we use the standard TV supplied with last year's Avante, and it looks OK - it doesn't dominate the caravan, and folds flat against the wall when not in use.

For info - Not sure if 2014 models are different but we were advised, by the dealer, not to travel with the TV attached.

Enjoy the new 'van.

Steve

Hi Tim,

We have been able to get our 18. 5 inch Avtex to fit perfectly. However, if we want to play a DVD we have to quickly drop it off of the mount, insert the disk and remoun, it just slots on and offt. It is only a minor inconvenience. We have also used our old 19 inch Toshiba, but with the same problem for DVD's.

We have a 574, but the dimensions in that area are the same I would think?

David

Hi David,

Did you have to buy a different bracket to allow TV to "slot on and off"? I'm attaching mine with 4 screws each time we pitch-up. Not a huge inconvenience, but your method sounds better.

Thanks

Steve

Hi David,

Did you have to buy a different bracket to allow TV to "slot on and off"? I'm attaching mine with 4 screws each time we pitch-up. Not a huge inconvenience, but your method sounds better.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

The bracket we have is dark grey and the part that screws to the tv just slides off of the part fixed to the wall. I would assume yours is the same?

David

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

Hi David,

Thanks - will have a closer look next time I visit the 'van in storage. That would make life a bit easier!

Happy New Year

Steve

Hi Tim

I have a Crusader Tempest EB which is the same layout as the Avante 636, I found the Avtex too small so bought a 22" from Currys and it is almost a perfect fit across the angle from the door to the edge of the cabinet. It hangs over at the kitchen side ever so slightly (less than 20mm) but is not unsightly or obtrusive in any way.

I'm not sure what type of brackets Seaman and Milliedog have but the bracket I was supplied by Elddis with the Avtex is a fold out type with 3 sections so it is easy to tuck the tv against the edge of the door jamb and push the TV back across the angle giving an excellent viewing position when you are in the main seating area, it also allows you to pull the TV out to access the DVD player. This bracket has a back plate on the cabinet and the main bracket slides into the back plate and clicks into place, you then press on the release at the top to slide it out for transport.

I'm out in the van at the weekend so if you would like a photo just let me know.

Regards

Davros

Hi Davros18,

To give you some idea of the bracket that is fitted in my Avente 574, it certainly sound different to what you have?

post-43219-0-57459100-1388484938_thumb.jpg

Hi David

Yes it is different, this is the closest one I can find to the one fitted to my caravan

http://www. bracketsrus. co. uk/Fully-rotational-mini-cantilever-bracket-version-1-cs5-c112-p4653. html

(Sorry I don't know how to add an image so have posted a link!!)

The small traingular angled shape at the top of the wall mount is the release button to detatch the bracket from the back plate for transport.

Davros

That looks similar to our bracket - I shall be off to caravan over next few days to see how it un-clips. That will be one less job to do when we arrive on site.

Thanks for the advice

Steve

Hi Davros, yes you have the same bracket as ours will have. ..so you managed to get a 22" on there??I don't think it will be a dual voltage (12v and mains) if its from currys, but what make did you get. ..?

I know the dual ones a a bit more expensive but not sure if I'll ever go on battery alone anyway. ..,!!

Thanks all for the input. .

Hi Davros, yes you have the same bracket as ours will have. ..so you managed to get a 22" on there??I don't think it will be a dual voltage (12v and mains) if its from currys, but what make did you get. ..?

I know the dual ones a a bit more expensive but not sure if I'll ever go on battery alone anyway. ..,!!

Thanks all for the input. .

AAHHHH. ...sorry the link shows the make LOGIK we have one of those in the spare room very good tv. ..

Hi Tim

As you say it's not dual voltage but I rarely go without hook up so it works fine for us and the additional cost of the dual voltage when I don't really need it just wasn't worth it. If I ever do need the TV when on battery I'll just take the Avtex (and my glasses!!).

I'll take a photo of it in situe over the weekend and, if I can work out how to, I'll post it on Monday it may help you see what it looks like.

Davros

Thanks a lot that would be great.

Cheers

Oh and happy new year.

HI Tim

Phots's attached as discussed.

Davros

post-51761-0-58307400-1389004174_thumb.jpgpost-51761-0-67719400-1389004205_thumb.jpg

Edited by Davros18

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I have a tempest eb on order, will it come with the bracket for the tv or will I need to buy one? Cheers

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

Go to the Elddis website. Drill down through the pages till you get to the Crusader section. Click Virtual Tours. Select EB from drop down menu. You can see the TV bracket is there; comes with the van.

Michael

Cheers Michael

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

Just incase anyone is after one of these brackets, and I have to say they are very good. ....( I left our tv on it whilst traveling home from our last break, and it was fine. ..won't do it again though).

The make is a VISIONPLUS TRIPLE ARM.

from www. visionplus. co. uk.

The box was left in our van when we got it.

Cheers

Tim