Rooflight Seals

sleepyfolk

Message added by CT Advertising,

Prima logo.png       PRIMA Leisure is the home of Bailey parts

We have a range of official accessories and upgrades, as well as spare parts.

Designed specifically to make your Bailey journey the best that it can be. 

Click here for more.

Hi folks, with all this blustery weather I've noticed that both rooflights and the extractor fan let quite a bit of draught through, they are all fine as far as rain is concerned but I guess whatever is up there to make a seal when they are in the closed position is not as proud or squishy as it used to be to form a good seal, the van is 2005 so I figured it may be that they just got old - or are they always a bit draughty?

If anyone has - what do you use to make a better seal and what do you stick it to the roof with?

Your roof lights don't seal and are meant to let air through. If you look there is an inner and outer skin with the inner one having slots in to let the air in.

The more I learn the more I know,the more I know the more I forget,the more I forget the less I know :blink:

Oh I see, I'll have a look tomorrow! Makes the blackout blind flap which is a but annoying at night and if you leave the blind open you get the draught and then daylight before I want it!

I have a 2003 monarch and the last time we used it in November I thought the skates were coming off the roof!! The blackout blind on the Remis was flapping something shocking. On checking with bailey it appears that the NCC recommend that only 2 seals are fitted. ..

Don't worry about the flapping it's normal. ....fitting extra seals may cause condensation issues.

I am a bit confused ! were are these seals fitted

The more I learn the more I know,the more I know the more I forget,the more I forget the less I know :blink:

some have them some don't. it all depends on the model in question and how well it has airflow to meet the regs.

to stop the blinds rattling in our 2 airquads we roll up some kitchen towel and push it between the blind and casing each side.

another option which can be better is to sew up an 'shower cap' type cover, if done in a dark material it can also block out all or most of the light. leave the blind open, put the cap in place (elasticated waist) you get the best of everything.

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.