Caravan Site In The Yorkshire Dales With Self Catering Accommodation

We have some non caravanning friends who want to visit the Yorkshire Dales with us next summer but they are not caravanners. Does anyone know of a site with self catering accomodation on site or nearby?

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

The CC site at Hawes used to have static vans available for rent on the site.

Its also just a stroll from the centre of Hawes, so is superbly placed.

We have some non caravanning friends who want to visit the Yorkshire Dales with us next summer but they are not caravanners. Does anyone know of a site with self catering accomodation on site or nearby?

Try this. Should be right up their street and they can be booked on line too

http://www. caravanclub. co. uk/uk-holidays/holiday-cottages/hawes-holiday-cottages

Edited by milkymarsh

or here. ..they have statics to let as well as b&b http://www. howgill-lodge. co. uk/

I can second that, we have caravanned here a few times and also done b & b in their barn, also my son and daughter-in-law have stayed in the statics. I would also add that the views from the site are brilliant and loads of walks as well.

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he'll tell you. If he doesn't, why humiliate him?

Camping in the Forest site at Cropton has lovely lodges on site (run by Forest lodges). Not cheap but very luxurious with hot tubs on many.

Camping is in middle of site and lodges round edge. Lovely forest walks directs from site and only 10 mins from Pickering

EDIT sorry just read back you want Dales these are edge of N Yorks Moors

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

Both woodnook and how gill are great sites. ...

Minus points. Howgill. .....narrow access roads to location. ..can be a challenge with a van. ....long walk to pub

Minus points. Woodnook. .....15 min walk to pub(!),,,,,,

Plus points for both. ...Location, friendly owners, small shops on site, very clean. ...

No street lighting so take torches.

Edited by Guest

Thank you all of you. There must be something there to suit us all.

Last year we went on holiday to the Dales without the caravan, to be honest with what we saved on petrol by not towing and going in my daughters car, there wasn't a lot of difference in price.

We stayed at Middleham in a cottage and enjoyed it so much we've booked again for 2014 :) its a nice village with good pubs & a nice fish n chip shop in the market square.

This link http://www. middlehamonline. com/page. htm will give you and your freinds an idea of what it has to offer.

Leyburn is a couple of miles away on the other side of the valley with their Caravan Club site.

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

If I tell the truth I've become an intolerant old grouch in old age and I couldn't face sharing accommodation which is why we like to take the caravan when we holiday with friends. Love their company but not for sixteen hours a day. Last year in the Peak District we had a week with them and had a CL with holiday lets on site and it was so good for neither party to have to drive home after a convivial evening to-gether that I would prefer for us not to be split up. We found a great CL at Leyburn this year and thought Middleham was lovely.

Avoid the 1st two stages of the Tour de France in Yorkshire - July 5th & July 6th as all accommodation anywhere within 50 miles of the route will be fully booked.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

If I tell the truth I've become an intolerant old grouch in old age and I couldn't face sharing accommodation which is why we like to take the caravan when we holiday with friends. Love their company but not for sixteen hours a day. Last year in the Peak District we had a week with them and had a CL with holiday lets on site and it was so good for neither party to have to drive home after a convivial evening to-gether that I would prefer for us not to be split up. We found a great CL at Leyburn this year and thought Middleham was lovely.

I didn't mean to share accommodation :o I was thinking along the lines of a couple of cottages close to each other,

Strawberry cottage & blueberry cottage in Leyburn for example.

If the caravan is preferable, http://www. shawghyll. co. uk/ have cottages as well as a caravan site,

Hawes CC site is close to the town which has self catering cottages.

Bainbridge Ings caravan site have statics for hire as well as being close to the Bainbridge which has holiday cottages http://www. bainbridge-ings. co. uk/index. htm

Westholme at Aysgarth have accommodation as well as a caravan site

I've just found http://www. nidderdale. co. uk/riversidecaravanpark/ but don't know much about it

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)