Domaine De Soleil Plage Pitchs

Hi all trying to book Domaine de Soleil plage for next summer.(frist time to the Dordogne).

But only a few pitchs left all on the R/hand side low numbers Pitch 16 is one of them looks big but does it get any sun / under trees, level etc. ....

The others are in the rows and look small.

All help appreciated never been down to this area of france. .

Thanks upfront

I got a feeling, that todays going tobe a good day. ...that this day is going tobe a good good day. ... Ha Ha

Hi there. We stayed here for a week last year in June, but we stayed on the larger, fully-serviced pitches near the river. Looking at the site map it would appear that the sun will rise from behind the pitch, meaning that you should get the evening sun but, there are trees everywhere, so not sure how they will affect this pitch. The pitch actually looks a decent size as it's a corner plot and they're all level. Be aware, though, that there's often a tree in the middle of the pitch, which often dictates where you place the van.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Hi

Thanks for yr reply, as not been before do you recommend places to see and do, we have a teenager and an youngster age 6, so got to try and please both.

Thanks again

I got a feeling, that todays going tobe a good day. ...that this day is going tobe a good good day. ... Ha Ha

This was our first visit to the Dordogne and we didn't have children with us so not really looking out for activities that would suit them. However, the site is a good choice to start with - nice pool, a slide, bike hire (if not taking your own) and canoe hire from the beach area at the campsite entrance. The river was high when we visited and the actual beach had disappeared, but the canoes were still going out.

We did quite a bit of touring and loved the local towns of Domme, Beynac and Sarlat (do visit on a market day). We also visited a troglodyte village set high in the rock face - Le Roque Saint-Christophe, which I think both children would enjoy. http://www. roque-st-christophe. com/ipad/en/presentation. html, although I can't remember how far this was from the site as we came across it on one of our days out.

There are lots of tourist info/leaflets in the reception area and the staff are very helpful - enjoy!

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

If I am correct this must be pitch 16 http://www. davidklyne. co. uk/SoleilPlage_3. jpg which might give you an idea of what its like.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

WE stayed at this site in June last year on pitches 176 &177 . They had had a lot of rain prior to our visit, but we found that there were worm cast coming through our ground sheet every morning Pitches were of a good size but a long walk to reception

Range Rover Swift Conqueror 565

Yes we had the worm casts too - sounds nothing to those who never experienced it - and the lakes of water on the roadways around those pitches in the riverside section, and the cars which swept through them as everyone drove up to the shop for bread as it was too wet to walk all the way up there. And we really needed wellies to paddle to the toilet block before the tractor with the slurry tanker arrived to try and pump water away.

All a long forgotten nightmare till you reminded me Welshtaffy. If we ever went again we'd want a pitch away from the "annexe" by the river (the pitches in the 100 plus area) and up on the original part of the site on the hill (numbered 1 -55 )- despite it being noisier there in the main season.

Edited by moorgate