Re- Setting Up Beds

AMH37

I FIND IT A NIGHTMARE PUTTING UP THE BEDS IN THE PROVENCE, AM I DOING IT CORRECTLY. I HAVE TO REMOVE ALL THE CUSHIONS TO PUT UP THE BUNK THEN FOLD THEM OVER TO BACK THE BOTTOM BED, THEN I HAVE TO TAKE THE OTHER BOTTOM SEAT OVER TO THE FRONT L SHAPE TO MAKE UP THE DOUBLE. IS IT JUST ME. STARTING TO GET A LITTLE FED UP WITH IT. :unsure:

Hi

We haven't used the bunk yet. The dinnette double bed is quite easy to put up - take off the two back rests and turn over the two seats so that the rolled edges are along the van sides. Pull out the slats and then put the two back rests in length ways. I guess if you are going to use the bunk bed you will need to use the split cushions for the base and no doubt store the thick ones under the bed.

The L - shaped double we always have some cushions left over. This is how we make it up. remove back rest cushions and small seat cushion (on right side next to tv table). Turn over the seat cushion so that the rolled edge is along the front of the van. Turn over corner so that raised edge is in corner. Pull out slats. Lift seat cushion(on left) and place parallel to other one with rolled edge to the outside. Turn the two long back rest upside down and place lengthways in the area left. We slide the rest of the cushions under the bed. We sleep across the van with our heads over the battery box as I kept hitting myself on the tv table. I have recenty started to stuff the small cushion into the small gap that is left at the bottom of the bed so that there is no movement in the cushions in the night. Works for us. We usually have had a few drinks by then and we time each other to see who can do it the quickest! (I am always the winner by far - but I think this is deliberate so that hubby doesn't do it as often.) The trick to putting up the other bed is to do it earlier before you are really tired - doing both beds can be a bit demanding!!

Emma

Hi

We haven't used the bunk yet. The dinnette double bed is quite easy to put up - take off the two back rests and turn over the two seats so that the rolled edges are along the van sides. Pull out the slats and then put the two back rests in length ways. I guess if you are going to use the bunk bed you will need to use the split cushions for the base and no doubt store the thick ones under the bed.

The L - shaped double we always have some cushions left over. This is how we make it up. remove back rest cushions and small seat cushion (on right side next to tv table). Turn over the seat cushion so that the rolled edge is along the front of the van. Turn over corner so that raised edge is in corner. Pull out slats. Lift seat cushion(on left) and place parallel to other one with rolled edge to the outside. Turn the two long back rest upside down and place lengthways in the area left. We slide the rest of the cushions under the bed. We sleep across the van with our heads over the battery box as I kept hitting myself on the tv table. I have recenty started to stuff the small cushion into the small gap that is left at the bottom of the bed so that there is no movement in the cushions in the night. Works for us. We usually have had a few drinks by then and we time each other to see who can do it the quickest! (I am always the winner by far - but I think this is deliberate so that hubby doesn't do it as often.) The trick to putting up the other bed is to do it earlier before you are really tired - doing both beds can be a bit demanding!!

Emma

KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT HAVING A FEW DRINKS, BUT I DO FIND IT BETTER TAKING THE REAR SEAT CUSHION OVER TO THE FRONT RATHER THANK MAKING IT UP WITH THE TWO BACK CUSHIONS, A LOT COMFORTABLE THAT WAY.

Yes I guess it would be more comfortable using less cushions. We are planning to get a tempur 1. 5cm mattress topper that should fit under the seat next to the fuse box. That should make anything comfortable ;)

Emma

Had enough of all this with my Ranger, will soon be taking delivery of a fixed bed crusader with an L shape lounge big enough to make 2 single beds for the kids!! :)

Regards

NRF

We find it frustrating haveing to make beds up every night, now ted to leave the kids bunks up during the day, but we do miss the side dinette.

As we've only had the van just over a year, we will have to keep it awhile longer before changeing to a Britange. Bunks at the back all made up and two long setee's at the front for two single beds, if we can't be asked to make the double up!