Get Away From It All, With Views Of Hope Valley

tictag

I am currently staying at a C&CC Certificated Site overlooking Hope Valley in the Peak District. It's called Smalldale Hall (http://www. campingandcaravanningclub. co. uk/campsites/uk/derbyshire/bradwell/smalldalehall) and run by Ian and Kate Hancock (07401 404057 or ian@smalldalehall. com). It has very basic facilities (one toilet, basin, CDP & drinking water. .no EHU) but it has truly outstanding views across Hope Valley (see below) and if you're looking for a bit of time away from the rat race, it's perfect.

The field is on an incline so a 4x4 is strongly recommended but the owner has 'cut' five pitches into the hill so the pitches themselves are level. I've asked permission for guests and a [fire pit] fire/bbq and they have been warmly accommodating.

Castleton is 30 mins walk away and Hope is just down the road in the car. There is a pub (Bowling Green) just five mins walk away and Bradwell town centre is about 10 mins.

Whilst actually a rare occurrence, every time I've seen another human being, they've warmly smiled and waved a hello, probably as surprised to see me as I was with them!

If you want a very basic getaway, you have a 4x4 and want to view and walk around a beautiful part of the Peak District, this CC comes highly recommended by me.

IMG 9149

IMG 9153

IMG 9163

IMG 9169

I am currently staying at a C&CC Certificated Site overlooking Hope Valley in the Peak District. It's called Smalldale Hall (http://www. campingandcaravanningclub. co. uk/campsites/uk/derbyshire/bradwell/smalldalehall) and run by Ian and Kate Hancock (07401 404057 or ian@smalldalehall. com). It has very basic facilities (one toilet, basin, CDP & drinking water. .no EHU) but it has truly outstanding views across Hope Valley (see below) and if you're looking for a bit of time away from the rat race, it's perfect.

The field is on an incline so a 4x4 is strongly recommended but the owner has 'cut' five pitches into the hill so the pitches themselves are level. I've asked permission for guests and a [fire pit] fire/bbq and they have been warmly accommodating.

Castleton is 30 mins walk away and Hope is just down the road in the car. There is a pub (Bowling Green) just five mins walk away and Bradwell town centre is about 10 mins.

Whilst actually a rare occurrence, every time I've seen another human being, they've warmly smiled and waved a hello, probably as surprised to see me as I was with them!

If you want a very basic getaway, you have a 4x4 and want to view and walk around a beautiful part of the Peak District, this CC comes highly recommended by me.

That looks really nice tictag, Ill add it to my must visit list.

J

Looks a great site Tictag . .. but i'm guessing you must be somewhere near that massive quarry that spoils the view wherever you are in Hope Valley?

John

That brings back memories,

I used to go to Edale regularly when I had motorbikes, then I bought a HA Viva van, I did it up like a small campervan & stayed for the weekends at Roy Coopers farm (Roy or Roger?)

Nags Head on a night & the Church Hotel for a couple of pints & a ploughmans at lunchtime, happy days :)

Or it was until someone sat on the railway lines and we saw them bringing the bits back in black bags :(

that was the early 70s & I've never been back

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Looks a great site Tictag . .. but i'm guessing you must be somewhere near that massive quarry that spoils the view wherever you are in Hope Valley?

John

You are right, I think it's over the hill behind me. I might see from the peaks opposite but I've not seen it yet and certainly isn't in view from the site.

Lovely pictures

Thank you.

I love the Castleton area and Hope Valley . .. but how on earth permission was ever given for this I'll never know . ..

post-42316-0-89433800-1388446288_thumb.jpg

John

Edited by Johnaldo

If we'd never had permission we'd never of had an industrial revolution!

Nice spot Tictag, we are just outside Penzance, can send a picture of the view cos its too windy to hold the camera!

If we'd never had permission we'd never of had an industrial revolution!

Think this cement works came a little later than the Industrial Revolution!!

John

Edited by Johnaldo

You get my drift though, there used to be an ugly quarry works between mousehole and newlyn, would never get PP these days but provided local employment for years, and now it's hoped that it may re-open for a couple of years and then be turned into the most amazing marina, again more jobs and no longer an eyesore.