13Pin Inline Socket?

lowedb

Has anyone seen such a beast? I've seen (and have) inline 12N and 12S connectors for making extension leads, but my cars and van now all have 13 pin electrics, and I want to make a short extension (for battery charging while in storage). I know I could use a vehicle socket, but it's meant to be mounted on a panel, and since I know you can get the 7 pin versions, maybe someone knows where you could get a 13 pin, inline, socket? I've looked and failed, but that's happened with other stuff and the good folks on here have pointed me right within minutes. So, go on. .... (please).

http://www. leisure-mart. co. uk/shop/vclose1. asp?prd=38222&cat=31002352

£12. 50 / each inc VAT plus p&p (£1. 99 inc VAT)

Could you not find a 'surplus to requirement' 13pin to 12n/12s adaptor?

Thanks both, exactly what I was looking for. I'd searched all over and never found one, even at caravan dealers.

All the adaptors I can find are solid ones or the other way (to use a 12N/S van with a 13 pin car) so don't help.

Again thanks, both!

Now why haven't I found those while searching? Thanks, again.

You can get them at most good caravan shops -- we have two. .Dont know why but we do . .

Maurice

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

Well now knowing that they exist, I tried a search again and found lots of places. Maypole make them and their part number is MP125 in case anyone else wants one. Found them for as little as £8. 50 each, although post on top of that.

I'm wondering, if they are fairly new. I asked at a number of fairly large caravan shops when I first wanted them, and also searched ebay and the web generally. Anyway, thanks to all, I have a pair on the way.

Well now knowing that they exist, I tried a search again and found lots of places. Maypole make them and their part number is MP125 in case anyone else wants one. Found them for as little as £8. 50 each, although post on top of that.

I'm wondering, if they are fairly new. I asked at a number of fairly large caravan shops when I first wanted them, and also searched ebay and the web generally. Anyway, thanks to all, I have a pair on the way.

I have had one for about ten years and I think I bought it France.

Menber have listed them http://tinyurl. com/og5nd7s for many years and they have a UK importer in Kent but can't remember the name.

Edit: to correct link

Edited by beejay

I think they came in when cars were regularly fitted with two sets of sockets 2x7 pins and the new caravans came with just one plug 1x13 pins. We had to have something to conect the two. They also had ones for caravans with two leads and the car only had one 13 pin socket.

That is why I have two -- one of each sort.

You still find caravans wit two 7 pin leads and it is handy to have "in the bottom of your box" of bits.

Maurice

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club