Insurance Or Warranty Claim

katyandben

hope someone can help.

we have an abi highlander 2010 and the patio doors have blown open and water has damaged our carpets and furniture.

i know the doors have blown open as we never use them they are always locked as they face our parking space.

when we bought the van in feb this year there was 12 months warranty and on the snagging straight away a problem with the doors was highlighted and fixed - the doors seemed ok then but as i said we never open them.

in recent weeks we have contacted the park twice as the lamiate on the furniture around the patio doors was lifting and we couldnt think why?

At the sametime the park maintencance were re-levelelling our van due to squeeky floors.

When we arrived yesterday to a smelly, wet opened the doors straight away to let some air in and when we came to shut the doors the right hand door seems to have dropped and wouldnt shut without force.

The caravan park we are on are saying we have to claim on our insurance but it seems to me that there is a defect with these doors and they should cover on warranty - just wondered what people think? any advice / help greatly received.

I guess (for others reading) that this Abi is a static caravan, not a tourer

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

The insurance assessor would soon establish whether it was an insured risk or a defective part and a possible warranty claim. So my advice would be to contact your insurance company and let them deal with it in the first instance. If they believe it's a warranty issue they will not pay out.

Follow Reads. Main Dealership for Bailey, Swift, Sterling, Lunar Venus.

www. readcaravans. com

socialfacebook.png socialtwitter.png

2013 CaravanTimes Reader Award - Best Caravan Dealer 2013 CaravanTalk Finalist - Best Caravan Dealer 2013 CaravanTalk Finalist - Best Caravan Servicing. 2012 CaravanTalk Winner Best Caravan Servicing 2011 CaravanTimes Reader Award - Best Caravan Dealer 2010 Practical Caravan - Dealer of the Year

hi, yes its an ABI Highlander Static Van. - why fraud? I think it sounds very odd and feel like im being railroaded into insurance when it should be waranty! maybe fraud is right??

If its a warranty claim it won't effect your next years premiums ;)

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

The insurance assessor would soon establish whether it was an insured risk or a defective part and a possible warranty claim. So my advice would be to contact your insurance company and let them deal with it in the first instance. If they believe it's a warranty issue they will not pay out.

:goodpost:

You need to check your warranty. I suspect that it won't cover consequential damage. So although it might cover the repair of the doors it won't cover damage to carpets and furniture. That would be the responsibility of your insurance company.

Poolebob

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

Claim on the insurance, they will repair the damage inside the van. If they consider that the door was faulty prior to the high winds they may not repair that, in which case you will need to claim on the warranty for that problem. So I would inform them that you will be claiming from them if the insurers do not repair the door.

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.