Small Site In The Ardeche - Are There Any?

Hi All

I am starting to make plans for our family August 2014 French hols. Does anyone know of a small site in the Ardeche region (50 vans or less)? Criteria would be a pool and electricity, doesn't have to be close to the river.

We have been spoilt over the last 2 years in the Dordogne area on a small 8 van site, and wondered if there was anything similar to that (La Grenouille Vacance).

Thanks in advance, and a happy new year to all.

Carl

2010 Ford S-Max 2. 0Tdci (Manual) tugging 2016 Swift Ace Courier

There are actually loads of small sites - first to spring to mind is Les Chadenedes at Grospierres, with gites and camping pitches. I can't find any reference on the current website to camping pitches, but they certainly used to have them, and the price is quoted for 2014 - best to email them. Nice friendly site.

Just a bit further away along the Ceze (another lovely river) in the same area is Mas de la Linde. A site with access to the river Ceze after a short walk. Try also http://www. camping-mas-du-sartre-07. com/presentation which has 37 camping pitches and 14 mobile homes.

There are lots more sites listed on Campings in the Ardeche - just click to take you to an information page about each site. I'll try and find some more of the smaller sites that we've passed on our many holidays in that area! Years ago we stayed on a fabulous farm site, sharing the pool with the farm owner and his family, but sadly they no longer do camping!

I have to say, though, that all look a little more 'rustic' than the site you stay at in the Dordogne, which looks very 'manicured'! Further south pitches tend to look a bit more 'used' and dusty as the weather is so much hotter.

Edited by ValA

You might also like to have a look at Les Chataigniers at Laurac en Vivarais (where Nippy and Nigel - if you remember them - opened their Indian restaurant for a TV series some years ago). This is nicely situated, and was a 'new site' which we watched develop over a few visits! It has a few more pitches, but looks very nice from an outsiders point of view.

Nippy & Nigel that takes me back, have not stayed at that site but the region is great, worth a try.

Now living in Haute Vienne France

Severac le Chateau isn't quite in the Region but dead bon ACSI site

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

thanks for the replies. This is all good stuff. Looks like I have some busy evenings reviewing sites ahead (maybe over a glass or two).

Carl

2010 Ford S-Max 2. 0Tdci (Manual) tugging 2016 Swift Ace Courier