Hi There From Hampshire

LuckyTrucker

Hi there, please do not worry about forum name it is an old C. B. handle from many years ago as a lorry driver, it is used on several forums, so it has stayed the same to advoid confusion, (mine). We have a Bessacar 470/2 at the moment and tow with a Classic Range Rover (diesel) I'm not rich enough to run a V8 petrol. We have only used the caravan in the past for the week-ends away when we go off roading with our club but I am hoping to retire next year and what with 2 young grandchildren we will be hoping to take them away for a few bucket & spade holidays and maybe be able to give them something that was not possible when our own children were growing up.

We are now looking for a 4 or 5 berth and hoping LR Freelander 2 will be up to the mark'

Regards Paul.

Welcome lucky trucker. Enjoy your time here.

Sounds like a good combo you are suggesting. Any suggestions you need then please feel free to ask, as you will get both sides of the answer, so will help you form a decent judgement on what is good for you and what isn't.

Btw, happy Christmas!

:welcome: LT and have a good look around and ask any questions you like. This is a friendly place

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Hello Paul & welcome to the forum :)

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Hello Paul

I would suggest you don't buy a caravan just to suit your grandchildren as they will probably get tired of coming with you as they get older and then you end up with a van that is not suitable for the two of you.

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

Hi there, and thank you for the warm welcome, I am sure I will be bouncing a few ideas around with you guys, cos you know a problem shared is a. ......... and all that stuff.

Chapmag were are just north of Basingstoke where all the nuclear weapons are made. We have never been "caravaners" as such in the past it was just better than a tent and only for one or two nights at a time. With regards the grandchildren growing up and not wanting to come with us, well with the oldest just coming up to 4 and yougest not 1 yet I think there will be a few years yet before they grow tired of it . I suppose it all depends where we take them.

We have changed our minds about going for the Bailey and think the new Adria might fit the bill very well, we have our tickets for the NEC show, so let's see what might be offered to us there. Any of you had experience of Adria? Many thanks.

Regards Paul.

Paul - I'm about 10 miles away from you then, in the delightful Newbury overspill town. ..

If you need any help/advice let me know.

Ref your other question regarding adria, no I don't have experience of them, but am tempted. Only issue is no close by dealer

Now then milkymarsh, where is Newbury overspill town? I,m in Baughurst

Paul

Thatcham. Apparently the oldest proven settlement in the uk. ..