Another Modern Technology Technical Question.

Hi to all of you technical minded and techno competent happy caravanner's.

Is it possible to view a UTube video on the TV?

The particular video is a mega 3hr 7mins 38secs.

I have looked at all of the 'Share' options and nothing looks like a path to take.

I cannot see a share or transfer to disc option.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Use file2hd. com.

Copy the link to the youtube file i. e. go to the file, copy the address from the top by clicking on it or dragging over it until it's highlighted, then press CTRL+C

Now go to file2hd. com and paste the link into the window, click the agreement select videos and click get files. It will now offer you several resolutions, look for the highest res and click on it, a file will be downloaded to your system which you can then put on DVD/Hard Disk/USB etc etc.

John

Cant you simply connect your TV to your laptop's "monitor" port?

Most TV and laptops/desktops feature these. If the kit is modern you might use an HMDI cable, where sound comes via the TV's speakers, if dated then you are likely to have SubD ports and sound will come from the laptop.

We have a small computer linked permanently to a TV, an Acer Revo, for streaming such stuff

I have one of these smart tv's and has a YouTube app built in, works fine for me. Simples ;)

Happy New year

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

No1 rovertug if u want to save it

No2 JTQ if u just want to watch

No4 doosan bet me to it ( tell the wife u really need to get a smart TV )

Edited by langers8

Use file2hd. com.

Copy the link to the youtube file i. e. go to the file, copy the address from the top by clicking on it or dragging over it until it's highlighted, then press CTRL+C

Now go to file2hd. com and paste the link into the window, click the agreement select videos and click get files. It will now offer you several resolutions, look for the highest res and click on it, a file will be downloaded to your system which you can then put on DVD/Hard Disk/USB etc etc.

John

Hi rt. I followed your suggestion and selected the highest resolution,not realising that it was actually going to give me an MP4.

That didn't work on the DVD player/recorder and it would not play through my other TV that has a built-in DVD player.

I did a second copy and chose the only other setting that was not an MP anything and should have been a straight recording,that wouldn't play either and that was burned for playing on any other piece of equipment including other PC's and Laptops,it will not play on the Laptop owned by Ms Rooster.

I do however have a disc that is capable of playing of only seemingly being playable on my PC,most peculiar!!!!!!!

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Hi rt. I followed your suggestion and selected the highest resolution,not realising that it was actually going to give me an MP4.

That didn't work on the DVD player/recorder and it would not play through my other TV that has a built-in DVD player.

I did a second copy and chose the only other setting that was not an MP anything and should have been a straight recording,that wouldn't play either and that was burned for playing on any other piece of equipment including other PC's and Laptops,it will not play on the Laptop owned by Ms Rooster.

I do however have a disc that is capable of playing of only seemingly being playable on my PC,most peculiar!!!!!!!

Can you not hook up your pc to the TV? TV ive just bought from a mate, can be used as a monitor albeit a humungus one with either an xbox/pc etcc hooked up to it.

I think my Guardian Angel Drinks.

Download VLC player for a PC, that will play most formats, MP4 is generally for Apple stuff i. e. Apple TV, IPAD, IPHONE etc. There are several DVD creation programs that will take a format such as MP4 and burn it on a DVD that will play in a standard DVD player. For a DVD player to be able to play a disc it needs the menu structure creating, that's what the programs do, the one that plays on your PC is simply opening the file.

J

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rooster,

I usually watch UTube on my iPad.

Apple make an iPad to HDMI long link that allows anything, on the iPad, to show on the TV.

At £40 it's a bit of a luxury !

David

Swizz

Hi Rooster,

I usually watch UTube on my iPad.

Apple make an iPad to HDMI long link that allows anything, on the iPad, to show on the TV.

At £40 it's a bit of a luxury !

David

Hi David, Thank you for the Heads-Up. I don't have an iPad. Is the iPad £40. 00 or the HDMI long link?

I bought a long'ish HDMI cable a few months ago but it was under £12. 00. What is so different about the Apple product that makes it more than three times the price?

Hi David, Thank you for the Heads-Up. I don't have an iPad. Is the iPad £40. 00 or the HDMI long link?

I bought a long'ish HDMI cable a few months ago but it was under £12. 00. What is so different about the Apple product that makes it more than three times the price?

Hi Rooster,

Sorry to be so vague, even more sorry to impart the bad news that an iPad is£400 ish whilst the long connector is £40 ish. The patented connector into the iPad is the excuse for the rip off price.

I would only buy the long link if several people regularly wanted it on the TV.

Holding the iPad as close as a book & you see a bigger picture than if you watched a TV.

David

Edited by Swizz

Swizz