Another Schoolboy Blunder !

prando

Been away over Christmas in Wales. Somehow, the storms have not been disastrous ! Travelled down last Sunday and the only visitor on the CC certificated site. Picked a sheltered pitch and parked my car wind-side !

Travelling back tomorrow (Boxing Day) thankfully no storms.

Now my blunder. ..forgot to tighten the external drain screw on the water heater. I always unscrew it when returning home to ensure the internal tank is fully drained. I must have left it unscrewed. We realised my error on the penultimate night, but spent ages wondering why the aquaroll was emptying so quickly !!

Will not forget again.

Had a cracking Christmas, our first one, away in the van. RECOMMENDED

Good to hear that you enjoyed your first Christmas in the van. Not too much of a blunder really, we're always learning aren't we. I'm very new to vanning but I don't think that I could convince my

wife to go away in ours for Christmas.

Have a safe journey home. Best wishes for 2014 from an exiled midlander!

Sorry to hear that you support the Baggies, I expect that you'll be even more sorry to hear that I am a Bluenose!

Whereabouts in wales did you go. My favourite county is Pembrokeshire.

. .......we have all left a water heater/water pipeline or undervan plug out at one time or another. ..........If you haven't then you have not been caravanning for long!

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Yep! Been there - done that!

:D

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Good to hear that you enjoyed your first Christmas in the van. Not too much of a blunder really, we're always learning aren't we. I'm very new to vanning but I don't think that I could convince mywife to go away in ours for Christmas. Have a safe journey home. Best wishes for 2014 from an exiled midlander!Sorry to hear that you support the Baggies, I expect that you'll be even more sorry to hear that I am a Bluenose!Whereabouts in wales did you go. My favourite county is Pembrokeshire.

Cheers bluenose buddy. Yep. ..condolences over the St Andrews connection :-)

Pembrokeshire it is for me. We much enjoy coastal path walking and our last several trips have all been to that area. We have stayed at 3 different CLs in that area. Our normal procedure is leave home Sunday and return Thursday. That agenda worked well this week, particularly in view of the weather. The wind would have precluded travelling on any other days ! We were the only van there.

Back home now. Didn't see one caravan on the 200mile journey from Saundersfoot area to Sutton !

Yep! Been there - done that!

:D

Yep. And me :lol:

oo look at that my 100th post :blush:

Edited by Iamthedaddy

Hyundai Santa Fe pulling Swift Challenger 530 SE.

I might be the daddy but she's the boss.

Cheers bluenose buddy. Yep. ..condolences over the St Andrews connection :-)

Pembrokeshire it is for me. We much enjoy coastal path walking and our last several trips have all been to that area. We have stayed at 3 different CLs in that area. Our normal procedure is leave home Sunday and return Thursday. That agenda worked well this week, particularly in view of the weather. The wind would have precluded travelling on any other days ! We were the only van there.

Back home now. Didn't see one caravan on the 200mile journey from Saundersfoot area to Sutton !

AAAAH Saundersfoot. Spent my honeymoon there in a caravan in 1963,couldn't afford Bali or suchlike in those days. Was in the area in 1958 too with the artillery in Manorbier (Penally camp), fell in love with Tenby at that time. absolutely love the area. Lots of great memories.

Good results for your boys and mine today!

AAAAH Saundersfoot. Spent my honeymoon there in a caravan in 1963,couldn't afford Bali or suchlike in those days. Was in the area in 1958 too with the artillery in Manorbier (Penally camp), fell in love with Tenby at that time. absolutely love the area. Lots of great memories.

Us. ...... Honeymoon in Manorbier. Castlemead Hotel 1974

That was no blunder. :wub:

Edited by Iamthedaddy

Hyundai Santa Fe pulling Swift Challenger 530 SE.

I might be the daddy but she's the boss.

AAAAH Saundersfoot. Spent my honeymoon there in a caravan in 1963,couldn't afford Bali or suchlike in those days. Was in the area in 1958 too with the artillery in Manorbier (Penally camp), fell in love with Tenby at that time. absolutely love the area. Lots of great memories. Good results for your boys and mine today!

Lovely spot Manorbier. The coastal path walk to Tenby goes through/alongside the Penally camp. Often there are soldiers positioned to send you, politely, via a diversion, whilst they are presumably on some manoeuvres.

Happy memories of Exmouth. I worked in Exeter 35 or so years ago. We lived in Tiverton and my wife would often take the, then very young, children to Exmouth beach?

Yes!! we used to spend our 6 week summer holiday in our caravan on Saundersfoot Bay Caravan Park from the late 50's to about '64. It was owned by a great chap ( Ian Shuttleworth. .. I think?) Wonderful area.

Landrover Freelander 2 towing a Bailey Pegasus IV verona

What great reading this morning, really nice to read posts from others with such lovely memories of that particular area.

My first link with Manorbier was as I say, in the late 50's, firing shells from an anti-aircraft gun out over the sea, at a target being towed by a plane! Our evenings were spent in Tenby and Saundersfoot, I particularly remember a restaurant called Bon Appetit, probably not there anymore.