Dark Skies

For anyone interested in Astronomy this site may appeal to you as its location is ideal http://www. glentroolholidaypark. co. uk

A member of my family has recently bought the site and has plans to modernize the facilities including a new toilet / shower block, install wi-fi, upgrade EHU from 10 to 16amps and extend the touring pitches

2022 Pilote P696GJ for European touring-  2022 Coachman VIP 565 for touring the UK towed by a 2020 Kia Sportage GT line S

Hi FL. A lovely part of The Borders and the township of Newton Stewart is the only part of Scotland that I have this very strange but real feeling of 'Coming Home'. A bit odd as I am a full blooded Scouser.

I wish them well in their venture and come the middle of the New Year when Ms Rooster has had her by-pass work done it will be on the agenda as will be a return trip to her home-town of Coldstream for Civic Week.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Hi TTR I will keep you informed as the work / changes to the site progress, it was hoped to complete the alterations by Easter 2014 however I suspect it may take a bit longer .

regards FL

p. s I'm taking over as temporary warden when the new owners take any holiday's although this will probably be in 2015

2022 Pilote P696GJ for European touring-  2022 Coachman VIP 565 for touring the UK towed by a 2020 Kia Sportage GT line S

• 5 months later...

For anyone interested in Astronomy this site may appeal to you as its location is ideal http://www. glentroolholidaypark. co. uk

A member of my family has recently bought the site and has plans to modernize the facilities including a new toilet / shower block, install wi-fi, upgrade EHU from 10 to 16amps and extend the touring pitches

The above site is now open under new ownership with larger pitches, motorhome service point and new modernized Toilet and Shower block including disabled facilities .

At the moment there is an internet hot spot outside reception but there are plans afoot to install this site wide wi-fi .

The Local Pub is within walking distance and serves good food and a nice pint .

So if your looking for somewhere to stay in the Galloway Forest park this site may suit your needs