Pronunciation

Have just had our first family hol in our new Adria (Adora 532 UK) Saw a couple of Adria's en-route to South Wales, which got me thinking. ....Aye-dria OR Add-ria. We have always said the former, but suspect being European we should be saying Add-ria.

Very*****I know, but just wondered what the general concensus was.

Bicesterblue

Have just had our first family hol in our new Adria (Adora 532 UK) Saw a couple of Adria's en-route to South Wales, which got me thinking. ....Aye-dria OR Add-ria. We have always said the former, but suspect being European we should be saying Add-ria.

Bicesterblue

Never given it much thought but I've always pronounced it Add - ria as in Adria Jon.

Steve

Fiat Rimor Europeo 69P Motorhome

Bicesterblue

I would say add-ria, but I am Cornish :(

I think its the same with Iraq, I say I-raq a lot on the TV say Irarq, I think they are the posh ones :)

Then you come to Niger, remember the river at school? now its Nighgeer not Ni-ger :rolleyes:

Funny you should ask . ...

Sometimes I say ADria

And then other times I say AIDria . .

If you know what I'm trying to say . ... :lol::lol::lol:

• 2 months later...

well the solvenians who make them pronounce it as AH dria. not that it really matters.

Should that be Slovenians?? Just thought I'd ask :)