To Buy Or Not To Buy

Royboy1

At this moment in time I have a 2013 dampy Lunar Delta RS and before that I had another dampy Lunar delta TI 2012 model year, to say I have a skin full with Lunar is an understatement and I am now torn between the 2014 model Elddis Crusader Supersirocco or the Swift Conqueror 630 could anybody give me some pointers on what to go for.

Hi Roy. If you have that sort of money available why not look at a pre-owned Signature 640 direct from the factory (nee Vanmaster) or even an Eterniti Genesis IB4.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

The Swift without a doubt although not immune to problems the way they handle their after care is first class, I have owned 2 new Explorer Group vans (would never own another to many issues never resolved correctly) 2 new Lunars the only problem was a cracked shower sorted within 2 weeks, and 2 Swift Group vans I did experience a cracked rear ABS panel this year Swift had the complete new rear panel to the dealer within 10 days and their after sales dept rang me to keep me informed.

Edited by Steve Drew

Steve

2017 Dethleffs Globus I1 Motorhome.

At this moment in time I have a 2013 dampy Lunar Delta RS and before that I had another dampy Lunar delta TI 2012 model year, to say I have a skin full with Lunar is an understatement and I am now torn between the 2014 model Elddis Crusader Supersirocco or the Swift Conqueror 630 could anybody give me some pointers on what to go for.

To my knowledge there have been no reported leaks with the Solid build Elddis branded caravans. Maybe Elddis did do some proper testing of the new construction method, unlike one of the other manufacturers? My faults to date have been minor appliances issues and not the main fabric of the caravan, except for a small crack in the rear ABS panel.

David

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

Buy 2nd hand and then you can pick a dry one!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I would like to thank you all for your comments and advice, with regards to the Cameo 625 yes I have looked at this model before and you do get a lot for your money but the dealer network is to far for me, the vanmaster is the Rolls Royce of the caravan industry but they have folded up to often for my liking, the Eternity brand is built 10 min away from me but I would like to see if they can build up on the strength and get through another year before I could think of this brand, I think it will be up to the dealer who can offer me the best deal on the day, does anybody know of a site I can visit for reviews on caravan dealers as I would not like to deal with a lemon, Happy Christmas everybody and may you all have a fantastic 2014.

I would like to thank you all for your comments and advice, with regards to the Cameo 625 yes I have looked at this model before and you do get a lot for your money but the dealer network is to far for me, the vanmaster is the Rolls Royce of the caravan industry but they have folded up to often for my liking, the Eternity brand is built 10 min away from me but I would like to see if they can build up on the strength and get through another year before I could think of this brand, I think it will be up to the dealer who can offer me the best deal on the day, does anybody know of a site I can visit for reviews on caravan dealers as I would not like to deal with a lemon, Happy Christmas everybody and may you all have a fantastic 2014.

Hi Roy. I have known of Vanmaster since early 1975 and as far as I can recall they have only 'Re-branded' twice.

They moved from The Bradley Hall Trading Estate,Standish to the present new location just outside of Wigan and the became Signature Caravans

I think that you will find that they have a better record in that department than some of the larger manufacturers that have nothing to loose by doing a Dr Who. Indeed,one of the names that you have mentioned was saved in 1994 by a massive investment by a major Venture Capital company.

Vanmaster is in private hands and long may it stay that way.

Eterniti might well be 'The New Kid on The Block' but I personally think that they are here for a long time,they have certainly got off on the right foot be listening to their only source of income,US the caravan buyers.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Dear Travelling Rooster

I would like to thank you for your advice and guidance with the vanmaster Brand and a little extra information they also traded in Skelmersdale were they went bust and then they appeared again in Wigan, when they were operating from Skelmersdale I had the privilege of a factory tour, yes I couldn't agree with you more on this brand that builds caravans as they should be built by hand the old fashioned way. thank you again for your time and very helpful advice and I would like to wish you and your family all the very best for 2014.

Hi Roy. Now I must confess that you have the better of me here. Where in Skelmersdale did they operate out of and when whilst in Skelmersdale did they go bust?

Why not just read some of the threads on Caravan Talk about Vanmaster. Plenty of factual information from actual owners. As well as financial problems there have been quality issues too. Then read the threads on here about Eterniti. Information from actual owners will help you make your mind up n

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

Hi hp. Were you directing you reply in post #11 towards me or Roy?

Hi Roy. Was this the address that you had for Vanmaster in Skelmersdale?

Unit 32A/Bradley Hall Trading Estate,
Skelmersdale, WN6 0XQ

Both your choices have the potential to be just as damp as your lunar, consider a Unicorn 2 instead, no roof or walls that absorb water.

Fellow members sorry for all my post's between The Travelling Rooster and myself, Senior member I have had a Bailey when they first brought out the Alu-tech body and we had a couple of issues with the construction and build, did like the Unicorn 1 but not a lover of the 2nd version they have gone down the road like the old land ranger model no front locker and gas bottles to the side.

Travelling Rooster as for Vanmaster they were in a unit off Gillibrands Road in the industrial est for around 6 to 12 months then they went bust and I did not follow that brand again, have had a look on the new vanmaster web page but it is being updated.

Hi hp. Were you directing you reply in post #11 towards me or Roy? Hi Roy. Was this the address that you had for Vanmaster in Skelmersdale? Unit 32A/Bradley Hall Trading Estate,Skelmersdale, WN6 0XQ

Not directed at any individual. More directed at anyone interested in Vanmaster who hasn't read about the problems some members experienced

Bradley Hall is in Standish near Wigan not Skelmersdale. I think the firm in Skelmersdale was Vanroyce. Don't know if the two firms have any connection other than similar looking vans and a business model doomed to failure.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

Thanks Five star for the correction you are spot on with that one been bugging me all day was I correct or wrong, yes after Vanroyce demise was the birth of Vanmaster, thanks again for the correction.

Not directed at any individual. More directed at anyone interested in Vanmaster who hasn't read about the problems some members experienced

Bradley Hall is in Standish near Wigan not Skelmersdale. I think the firm in Skelmersdale was Vanroyce. Don't know if the two firms have any connection other than similar looking vans and a business model doomed to failure.

Hi hp. As you quite rightly say,Bradley Hall is in Standish and the address that was given as Skelmersdale was totally erroneous.

Indeed,despite Roy saying that they were in an industrial unit off Gillibrands Road,I can never ever recall them being anywhere other than Standish or their current location in Wigan.

I actually lived a 5minute ride from the Gillibrands Road Industrial Estate,it was actually part of my Winter Round Robin training route.

As for Van Royce. I believe that the title/name was/is owned by Cyril Darwen after a business arrangement between him and the previous owner of the Van Royce name,but as of yet has not been used.

Roy. Van Royce was still an active business at the same time Vanmaster was also active but they were totally of their own accounts and at opposite ends of the country.